Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
January 7, 2022 at 9:22 pm #10308025

mohamedT-10

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I am trying to translate my site (menus and plugin of platform "buddyPress"), succeed in translation jobs but not reflected in back end.

i tried many ways to overcome this problem but still persist:

1- used twenty theme.
2- deactivated all plugins except of WPML.
3- increased site memory to 128mb
4-cleared cache.
5- reset permalinks.
6- posts link structures to default.

Site is extramed.me

i don't know if this private or public ticket to share access credentials.

Looking to hear from you.

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

Screen Shot 2022-01-08 at 1.20.14 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-08 at 1.20.37 AM.png
January 8, 2022 at 10:02 pm #10311197

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Yes, this ticket is public.

I see you have been using WPML Menus Sync and String Translation.

You mean that menu translations are not showing up at Appearance -> Menus and Plugin translations do not show up at WPML -> String Translation?

Please provide an exact example and provide me admin access to the site by using the private reply form, which is enabled now.

The steps are also shown in this video: hidden link

IMPORTANT

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Best regards
Andreas

January 11, 2022 at 7:31 pm #10330167

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

When it comes to the menu, they were not translated yet and I created this translation from scratch now, as WP Menus Sync seemed was not able to do this job.

Anyway, the reason why the menu is still showing up incomplete, is because the pages are actually not translated yet. Once the pages are translated the translated menu items should show up.

For the sidebar menu, it appears that those menu strings do come from the BuddyBoss Theme and even though they are registered and translated, it seems the translations are not showing up.

Besides that the BuddyBoss Widgets also seem currently not to be translatable with WPML String Translation.
A workaround for this would be to create one Widget per Language and use the widget language assignement option.

More details:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-widgets/#using-different-widgets-for-different-languages

Now, I can offer to provide a test-site on which we can test the Buddy Boss Theme in order to confirm if we can recreate the issues that we see on your site, but before we do this, please update the Buddy Boss Parent Theme to its latest version and make sure to translate all pages and also the Sidebar Widgets as explained above.

Further, make also sure that categories are translated WPML -> Taxonomy Translations.

Best regards
Andreas

January 12, 2022 at 6:26 am #10332449

mohamedT-10

Hello,

Thank you for responding. I do understand your clarifications:

1- I did testing site as requested hidden link kindly use same access credentials shared in original ticket for WP admin and FTP

2- We can not translate all pages for 2 reasons, first of all, it is medical articles "only english language" can not be in arabic.
secondly, we plan to show only in front end only translated pages if customer shows translated site. ex: language of customer is Arabic, will show only arabic content.

Hope that is clear and looking for support

January 12, 2022 at 8:00 am #10332945

mohamedT-10

3- theme updated. WP admin and FTP updated in private form

January 12, 2022 at 9:07 pm #10339421

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I can not access any login form for wp-admin at hidden link and I do receive a 404 error when trying to reach /wp-admin or /wp-login.php

Could you please have a look into that and let me know how I can access the site?

Then:

1) The menu translation is working as expected, it will only show translated pages as menu items.

2) The sidebar menu seems not to be translatable which might be a theme issue that we should try to recreate on a test-site that I can provide. Would you be able to provide the theme in its latest available version for testing and recreate the sidebar menu for me?

3) You did not reply about the issue regarding sidebar widgets. As I suggested, try creating one widget for each language in case the widget is not translatable with String Translation.

4) Other strings that are coming from BuddyBoss or BuddyPress should be translated with WPML String Translation. I made a few tests and it worked as expected.

Further, please provide me exact details with page title and link to the content or provide me screenshots about the issues that occur on the site, as I can not quiet follow about what you refer to. What are you expecting to see and where?

You said:

"Translation is done but not reflected in back end"

Which content do you refer to? Please provide exact details. Please provide screenshots, if needed.

Best regards
Andreas

January 14, 2022 at 5:41 pm #10354123

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I can sadly not troubleshoot any issue that the site might have in one ticket and when it comes to handle issues we try to keep it with one issue per ticket, or to be clearer, we can start with one issue, thread it here and if there are more issues i will split them into new tickets.

Could you please give me more details about with which issue you would like to start?

The title of this ticket is:

"Translation is done but not reflected in back end"

Which translation do you refer to?

Best regards
Andreas

January 15, 2022 at 5:55 pm #10358107

mohamedT-10

Hello,

I am actually surprised, it is only one issue. no single translation reflected in the site using strings translation.

I did translation for pages, yes it works, but my issue is very clear from beginning that strings are not reflected.

I attached screen shots for the same from live site extramed.me

Appreciating your understanding and focus on strings and buddyboss compatibility.

Regards,
Mohamed

Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 9.49.48 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 9.47.02 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 9.47.32 PM.png
January 15, 2022 at 7:50 pm #10358327

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

As you can see on your site, I have already, fixed the main header menu, which was not translated yet.
What we see here currently, with only one Arabic menu item showing up, is expected, as only this page is translated.

I further applied some translations on String Translation, as you can see, and translated some widgets or tried adding one widget per language if translating widgets with String Translation does not work out.

The menu on the sidebar appears not to be translatable, which for I ask you to try to recreate the issue on the following test-site for further revision and internal escalation.

In order to do this I will need you to install the theme and needed plugins in their latest available version on the following test-site:

One-Click-Login:
hidden link

Please leave me a short notification on this ticket once you have been able to recreate the issue. Please also leave a short list of steps that indicates how this sidebar menu was created.

Please do not migrate your whole site to this test-site. We need to recreate the issue from scratch.

Best regards
Andreas

January 16, 2022 at 3:48 pm #10361265

mohamedT-10

Hello Andreas,

I did install the theme and needed plugins.

Thank you

January 18, 2022 at 10:29 pm #10378775

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your cooperation, but I need you to recreate the section which is causing issues on your site.

Please recreate the element that is causing the translation issue (in this case, sidebar menu) and leave me a short notification once the site is ready for testing including a short list that describes how the element was created, as our developers might need those details.

In case you expereince further issues on the site, let me know, but take note that we try to focus on only one issue per ticket, especially if the issue requieres an internal escalation.

Best regards
Andreas

January 19, 2022 at 6:23 pm #10388001

mohamedT-10

Hello Andreas,

Thank you for responding back. "This will be my last message to you guys".

1- WPML announced compatibility with buddyboss theme and platform, but it seems not.

Normally what i watched from youtube tutorials:
translate strings for whatever component installed >approve translation. then live happy 🙂

Now, i did big effort and lost money in buying credit to translate more words, approved translations, and bom* no transaltions reflected.

Hope this is clear and understandable, i do not ask for translating my pages or posts or own inputs.

2- I did a staging site earlier for you to play around and test as you like.

However I provided you with WP access and FTP access. You asked for installing same plugins and theme in your sandbox for clear testing.

Again you ask for more complicated work for me as a normal user.

Thanks to use the testing site i provided earlier in my private message to solve the issue and please give me a quick reply to decide if i continues with WPML or go for other alternatives.

Regards,
Mohamed

January 19, 2022 at 6:54 pm #10388125

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

My apologies for the delay on handling this ticket.

To be honest with you, when I visited your site there was nothing translatated and I did not really understand which problem you refer to.

You reported issues with the WP Menus, but in fact not any menu was translated and I asked you to translate the menus. Then you reported also problems with translation jobs that were completed but not showing up but you did not tell me which translation job is affected.

Instead you send a screenshot of WPML packages which is not related to translaiton jobs.

I made earlier some test on your site:

- The menu translates as expected (top header)
- String on the activity stream and widgets were tested, and are also translatable

The issue I spotted, was the sidebar menu, which I was not able to identify about how it was created and further I was not able to locate its strings.

The element I refer to is marked inside the screenshots in the attachment of this message.

Now, I connected again to your test site and tried to investigate about how the content was created:

It is actually a menu called "Buddy Panel" and this menu is not translates yet.

See screenshot.

I have created the translation automatically at WPML -> WP Menus Sync now, but take not again, that menu items will only show up on the translated menu, if the pages are translated.

Let me know if there are further issues and please provide me screenhot as example.

Best regards
Andreas

translated.jpg
not translatable.jpg
menu not translated.jpg

The topic ‘[Closed] Translation is done but not reflected in back end’ is closed to new replies.