Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.17 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Author Posts
January 31, 2016 at 9:05 pm #800733

gvidoD

Hi!

I am using dt7 theme, there is post type "team", where you can add team members. Inside this post, there is input field of option, where you can specify team members position in company (director, manager etc.). When i edit one of the languages for this post, and want to translate this "position" field, i insert translation, hit update, but translation is not saved. When page reloads it shows the same not translated text.

Also i am not able to translate the widgets in footer. But as i was reading the form, it may be the issue with template, when widgets are not compatible with wpml ( although dt7 says in their theme page, that theme is compitable.... ) . So some coding is necessary.

Help is appreciated. Thanks.

February 1, 2016 at 1:33 pm #801321

Mohammed

Hello Gvido,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

You are using an old WorddPress and WPML versions and this may cause the issue.

Please update WordPress to the latest versions and update wpml and all its related add-ons to the latest versions as well.

You are using WPML 3.1.9.7 . and we have launched a lot of versions after this version. these versions did a lot of database changes so, updating from wpml 3.1.9.7 to the latest wpml version 3.3.6 directly may cause some troubles.

You should update wpml to wpml 3.2.x then 3.3 then 3.3.6
Then try these steps if you faces any troubles after the update:
1- Go to “WPML > Support“ in your admin dashboard “your-website/wp-admin.php”
2- At the bottom of the page, click the “troubleshooting” link.
3- Look for the “Clean up” section and Click these buttons:
- Clear the cache in WPML
- "Fix element_type collation" button
- "Set language information" button
- Fix post type assignment for translations

❌Important❌ : Please make a complete backup of your website before proceeding the previous steps.

Thanks.