This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
August 9, 2019 at 6:40 am

anaJ-3

I am trying to:
I'm trying to add translations to pages in English, French and Italian but when I click save it just gets stuck on Saving endlessly. When I marked a page 100% complete translation in French, the Saving part was on loop, I closed it, see that I have one page in French but when I open it it's blank.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

August 9, 2019 at 9:09 am #4368877

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Ana,

Nice to see you again!

I had a look at this issue and it seems that there an ajax error when trying to save the translation changes. I was looking for other situations where customers received the same error and it seems that most of the times, there was another plugin that caused this due to a compatibility issue. In this case, can you try to deactivate all the plugins except for WPML (and its add-ons), and tell me if you still cannot save the changes, please? This way we can see if this is the source of the issue on your website too. Please let me know how this works.

Thanks,
Radu

August 9, 2019 at 9:21 am #4368955

anaJ-3

Hi, the problem is with the YOAST SEO plugin, after I disable it everything works fine. Can you recommend some other SEO plugin that is compatible with WPML?

August 9, 2019 at 11:47 am #4369893

anaJ-3

Hi, me again.
I'm having issues with saving translation for German. The English, Italian and French all save without a problem but the German just won't save, it's stuck on infinite saving. Could you help?

August 9, 2019 at 12:19 pm #4370131

anaJ-3

When I mark the translation to 100% and click Save & Close it gets stuck there. I could use the help before the weekend so I can finish it.

August 11, 2019 at 9:46 am #4376757

anaJ-3

I'm now also having problem with the Italian translation for one page. When I edit the translation I see that it's 100% translated but when I open the page it's empty. Also after I go to editing and click on Save & Close again it gets stuck on saving (see attached images).
Another issue that also appeared is regarding the Contact form translation. When I go to Translation Management and select two contact form to be duplicated from English to all other languages it's stuck on infinite loading/duplicating.
Please help as soon as possible since I have a deadline and these problems weren't what I was expecting to find.

August 12, 2019 at 10:24 am #4380009

Radu
Supporter

Hey Ana,

We had a bigger load of tickets in the fast few days and that's why I couldn't reply you back on Friday. However, I started the day looking at your ticket and I could see that there's a 500 error in the console.

There shouldn't be any issue between WPML and Yoast SEO plugin since this is a very powerful plugin and we made a lot of tests in order to make sure that everything works fine between these two.

I tried to look for similar situations and it seems that increasing the execution time limit and memory limit did the trick for this kind of issue. In this case, can you have a look at these articles (hidden link and hidden link. Just try this out and tell me how things work this time.

I'm waiting for your message back.

Thanks,
Radu

August 12, 2019 at 1:45 pm #4381371

anaJ-3

I've tried that but I still have the same issues.

August 13, 2019 at 2:03 pm #4388693

Radu
Supporter

Hey Ana,

Have you managed to sort this out in the meantime? I'm asking this because I can see that all the translation are done now. I was also trying to hit the Save & Close button for the Italian translation, and it didn't stuck like before.

Thanks,
Radu

August 14, 2019 at 8:17 am #4393259

anaJ-3

I started to disable other plugins as well and now it seems that W3 cache was causing the issue. After I disable it I can save the translations and after I'm done I'm going to activate it again.
Now I've changed some images to a page and after I refresh the translations for other languages things I've translated have been returned to Croatian, and I can't find them in the String translation do I can translate them, and I have to do it manually every time. It's frustrating and time consuming because I've lost a lot of unplanned time on this.
1. Image36.png - you can see DORUČAK in French has returned to Croatian, before the updating of translation it was PETIT DÉJEUNER but I also had to manually enter it (Image37.png) because it wasn't offered in the translation editor (Image 38.png). Could you at least help with that?

August 16, 2019 at 8:13 am #4405363

Radu
Supporter

Hey Ana,

I added a piece of XML configuration to your website so WPML know that he needs to translate the Iconbox element too. Now, can you make a little change to this page hidden link (like adding another point at the end of a paragraph), save the changes, edit one of the translations, and look for the iconbox title, please? It should appear now in the elements that you can translate. Please let me know how things goes.

Thanks,
Radu

August 17, 2019 at 8:32 am #4409611

anaJ-3

I can see the icon boxes available for translation but only for the page you sent, but for all the other pages the translator doesn't see the iconboxes as items available for translation.

August 17, 2019 at 8:55 am #4409633

anaJ-3

Also, some items I've translated in String translation aren't displayed on page.
For example ROOM DETAIL isn't displayed in Italian as Dettagli even though it's translated in String translation and marked as complete (there are other strings as well START FROM... NIGHT). When you open the same page in page Appartements the Details are translated and visible in French as Détails but the Start from... night isn't translated.
Another thing are the icons that are under Amenities tab in each Apartment - they are visible in Italian for example, but for English non of the 9 apartments displays the icons and text even though the translation is there.

August 19, 2019 at 10:08 am #4415075

Radu
Supporter

Hey Ana,

I hope you had a great weekend!

Could you send me a link to the page where i can see all the elements from the screenshots you attached, please? I looked at a few pages but I couldn't find these elements. I'm sure that we'll be able to sort this out and make everything translatable.

Thanks,
Radu

August 19, 2019 at 10:19 am #4415157

anaJ-3

The link for the Amenities and icons that aren't displayed is hidden link
And the link for the same page in Italian where the icons are displayed is hidden link
Also only for English I have a problem on page hidden link because the form is displayed only when I select Unique 01, all the other apartments are blank (but for all other languages the forms work on all apartments - for example hidden link)

For the text ROOM DETAIL and START FROM ... NIGHT
hidden link
And in the French version Détails is ok, but START FROM ... NIGHT isn't
hidden link

The topic ‘[Closed] Translation is saving’ is closed to new replies.