Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 1 week, 4 days ago.

Author Posts
April 12, 2024 at 11:22 am #15512636

harutyunV

Dear Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. We are currently encountering an issue with our WPML Multilingual CMS (Version 4.6.3) and WPML String Translation (Version 3.2.5) plugins. Specifically, we have observed that unpublished translated articles are not being saved as expected.

To address this concern, our plan involves updating these plugins to their latest versions. However, prior to proceeding with the update, we seek your guidance on potential implications. Specifically, we are uncertain if the update may introduce compatibility issues with other installed plugins, our WordPress version, or possibly affect our database structure.

We are particularly cautious about any unintended changes to our database and seek assurance that the update process will not compromise our existing data integrity.

In addition, we would appreciate your assistance in providing a rollback solution in case any unforeseen issues arise post-update.

Below are the details of our current setup:

WPML Multilingual CMS: Version 4.6.3
WPML String Translation: Version 3.2.5
WordPress Version: 7.4.30

Server Environment:

PHP Version: 7.4.30
Memory Limit: 650M
Max Execution Time: 300 seconds
Max Input Vars: 3000
UTF8mb4 Charset: Enabled
SimpleXML Extension: Loaded
Multibyte String Extension: Loaded

Also I'd like to learn more about any financial changes concerning our subscription (if the update presupposes any).

Given the critical nature of our website's multilingual functionality, we greatly appreciate your prompt attention to this matter. Your guidance and support in resolving this issue would be invaluable to us.

Thank you for your attention and assistance.

April 13, 2024 at 10:49 pm #15515241

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

The plugin versions that are running on your site are outdated. Take kindly note, that we can not offer support for outdated plugin versions.

Please take a complete backup of your site and database and then go to Plugins > Install > Commerical.

Click "Check for WPML Updates" and install and activate the latest versions of our plugins.

If other plugins or the theme used on the site are also not updated, I suggest running any available updates.

Finally, I also suggest updating WordPress, as you are using along outdated version of WordPress.

Likely, issues that occur on your site were already solved in newer versions. Further running outdated sites is a security risk, and I have to recommend that you run updates as soon they are available.

If this will not solve the issue, then please let us know.

Best regards
Andreas