Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by butterandflyB 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
April 2, 2019 at 6:15 pm #3519795

butterandflyB

Tell us what you are trying to do? I would like to translate some texts on my website but it is not working through string translation.
How can I do that?
Many thanks

April 2, 2019 at 8:36 pm #3520763

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

Can you please tell me where these texts are created? If it is content within the theme options, you may need to add them from the admin texts. To check this, please go to WPML -> String Translation and at the bottom of the page, click "Translate texts in admin screen". Then, look for a section named something like "theme_mods_yourthemename" and see if you find the strings there.

If they are not in the theme options, please let me know where/how the content is created and I'll be happy to further troubleshoot.

April 3, 2019 at 10:31 am #3524569

butterandflyB

Hi team, Thank you very much! I've followed the steps you've told me and I'm glad to say that I finally resolved the problem. Many thanks for that.
My only issue now is the MailChimp. For some reason, even though I've downloaded MailChimp for WordPress Multilingual, I still not able to make it work. When I click to edit the form, it goes to a page not found. I've attached a picture to help you. Many thanks

April 3, 2019 at 1:30 pm #3526601

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Glad we were able to resolve it! As the original issue is resolved may I kindly ask you please to open a new ticket for this question? This will also help other users with similar problems find solutions when searching the forum as well as we avoid mixing lots of questions in one ticket.

Thank you for your understanding.

April 11, 2019 at 10:32 am #3586123

butterandflyB

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!