This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
July 4, 2019 at 6:56 am

Ole Hübbe

I am trying to:
Our customer (TrustedGlobal A/S | TrustedGlobal.com) had sent us a page (tracking ice floe and ocean currents) for translation.
All the processes are working well.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
But all the content text in the page (tracking ice floe and ocean currents) are missing.

Instead, I got:
we only get the header in the page when we are downloading file from Translation Hub.

The screen dump shows the xliff file with only header text. All other text are missing.

July 4, 2019 at 7:08 am #4140599

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thanks for writing in! I’m happy to help out.

First thing I notice is the site is using an outdated version of WPML translation management, so I request you to update it to the latest version, make sure to create a backup before proceeding.

Secondly, I think you are talking about this page "Asset tracking software for the supply chain" correct? If so I can see there are lots of custom fields configured in the page not marked as translate, mark the custom fields that need translations as translate and generate a new xliff file, the texts should be available there.

More details: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

July 4, 2019 at 8:54 am #4141415

Ole Hübbe

Hi Shekhar,

Ok our will update the WPML translation management now.

The page is "tracking ice floe and ocean currents" as I mentioned.

Best regards,
Ole

July 4, 2019 at 9:06 am #4141703

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Thank you for the details.

The mentioned page too have lots of acf fields not configured properly. so, mark the custom fields that need translations as translate and generate a new xliff file, the texts should be available there.

More details: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/

Thanks

July 9, 2019 at 3:15 pm #4172397

Ole Hübbe

Hi Shekhar,
Unfortunately, it does not help me.
Are you able to help me via a remote online session?
Best regards
Ole

July 10, 2019 at 6:41 am #4176357

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Are you able to help me via a remote online session?

Sorry, but our support is only supported by chat and forum platform.

I just marked the translation as completed, updated the post and tried again to translate the content and the fields are showing correctly, so can you please re-send it once and let me know how it goes.

You can record a video if the issue still exists, so I can better understand what's going wrong.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

July 10, 2019 at 10:19 am #4178449

Ole Hübbe

Hi Shekhar,
Unfortunately another problems has occured on the live site hidden link. Now the German and French language layers are missing. Previous there were a German and French flag in the top menu beside "Contact" where you could choose the language version.
Would you please activate the languages again?
This is very urgent.

Regarding the file "tracking ice floe and ocean currents". The export still only contains the title (12 words). The body text is still not included in the exported XLIFF.
Would you please let me know how the body text can be included in the exported XLIFF?
(see the attached screen shots).
Best regards
Ole

July 10, 2019 at 10:58 am #4179071

Ole Hübbe

Hi again,
This an addition to my previous reply.
As you can see on the attached screen shot, the text is missing in for example in old already translated pages.
Also, as you can see the text is already translated in WordPress.
How do we get the text visible in the German and French languages again?
Best regards
Ole

July 10, 2019 at 3:14 pm #4182039

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hi there,

How the language switcher was added before? and How it's removed? Can you add the language switcher again?

Regarding the about us page, flexible fields, please follow the below steps to solve the issue:
- Go to the Page editor
- Go to Multilingual content setup
- Click on show system fields
- Mark the "flex_text" and "_flex_text" as copy
- Click Apply
- Update the page

Thanks

July 10, 2019 at 3:16 pm #4182045

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Also, for the xliff file, did you created a new job? If yes, could you please let me know the job Id so I can check the xliff?

Thanks

July 11, 2019 at 8:36 am #4187365

Ole Hübbe

Hi Shekhar,

1)
How the language switcher was added before? and How it's removed? Can you add the language switcher again?

I found out that my client removed the language switcher. They removed is because they did not want a visitor of their website to see a blank web page. They will add the language switcher when the content on the language layers are visible again.

2)
Regarding the about us page, flexible fields, please follow the below steps to solve the issue:
- Go to the Page editor
- Go to Multilingual content setup
- Click on show system fields
- Mark the "flex_text" and "_flex_text" as copy
- Click Apply
- Update the page

This does not help making content visible on the "About" page.
Could you please advise?

3)
Also, for the xliff file, did you created a new job? If yes, could you please let me know the job Id so I can check the xliff?

Maybe the steps in 2) did sort the issues out regarding the page "tracking ice floe and ocean currents"? Before it contained only 12 words, now it contains 879 words.
See screen shot.

I look forward to your help.

Best regards
Ole

July 11, 2019 at 9:21 am #4187889

Ole Hübbe

Hi Shekhar,

IMPORTANT INFORMATION!

I have just agreed with the customer, that they will roll back their WordPress from a backup (from before the errors occurred). Therefore you should not do anything until further notice.

Thanks and regards
Per

July 11, 2019 at 11:27 am #4189357

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Sure, can you please create a staging site to debug this issue further than? or it's ok if we set up a test server for you, so you can migrate your site for further debugging?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Translation job only has header in XLIFF file where is all content text?’ is closed to new replies.