Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 35 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
August 30, 2021 at 12:26 pm #9482411

louisN-4

i deleted the wrong products.
now i went to basket and tried "Sending your jobs to translation"

AND IT IS STUCK

August 30, 2021 at 12:29 pm #9482421

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

I cans see the problem is a 502 one but you have so many plugins that it's impossible for me to test further.

i suppose this is a production site so i'd ask you to migrate the site so i can run a few tests there.

I have created a staging site for this purpose and i'll send you the migration steps in the next private reply.

Regards.

August 30, 2021 at 4:28 pm #9484675

louisN-4

why don't you use duplicator plugin or something to copy the site to you?

secondly, I was told previously from your agents to do 40 batches and it worked for me so far, not sure why not it goes above the server capacity
we have the ADVANCED
hidden link

August 31, 2021 at 6:49 am #9487539

Alejandro
Supporter

Sir, we have a protocol here and we need to follow the laws as well. due to law restrictions the migrations and every type of migration needs to be done by you because that will mean that you agree on us having a migrated version of your site.

We want to solve your WPML related problems, sir, but i really need you to help us help you. if we ask for something it's because we need you to do it (in this case, because of GDPR laws) not because we don't want to do it ourselves.

we don't know your hosting and it may not even be a problem of server capacity. i want to migrate the site so i can test without any other plugin active other than WPML and see if the problem disappears or not and if it doesn't, then we will ask our devs to take a look at it so they can help out (and they won't do that directly on your site.)

Please proceed as i kindly asked you to do before and let me know when the migration is done.

Regards.

August 31, 2021 at 1:19 pm #9490899

louisN-4

The previous supporters, used https://wordpress.org/plugins/all-in-one-wp-migration/

to move the site to your testing environment

September 1, 2021 at 10:27 am #9497815

Alejandro
Supporter

Just so you know i migrated the site yesterday but since it had over 12gb of dimension, i'm still waiting for the migration to finish in our servers.

I'll let you know as soon as the migration is finished.

September 1, 2021 at 2:10 pm #9500359

Alejandro
Supporter

After many tests, the problem seems to be in the database ever since the migration i keep getting the same error in so many places of the site:

[01-Sep-2021 10:25:30 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught TypeError: mysqli::real_connect(): Argument #5 ($port) must be of type ?int, string given in /wp-includes/wp-db.php:2056

I'm not sure why that's happening but it keeps happening all over, not just on the translation management place, but THAT is what's creating the 502 errors on the site sometimes as well.

It doesn't seem to be a WPML related issue BUT i did notice that it happens more often when WPML is enabled which makes me believe there are corrupted entries in the different tables that our plugin checks when trying to get or set values in/from the database.

It may be related to the issue you mentioned about the server and the problem seems to be that something is returning an INT instead of a STRING, but you might need to save the DB queries in order to find what is getting INT values and inspect those database tables.

Can you ask your developers to check that and see if it could help you?

-----------------------

Another solution you might want to adopt is to use All Import to import the content from your site to another "clean" one and see if the problem keeps happening there. (it might be the easiest solution here)

September 1, 2021 at 3:58 pm #9501453

louisN-4

Do you happen to know what exactly is the location of that corrupt db location spot?

or can please you run MySQL repair or a plugin (for example wp-optimize)
on your staging site to see if it solve this
hidden link

September 1, 2021 at 4:19 pm #9501873

Alejandro
Supporter

i tried searching for it but i did not succeed (and i also ran the plugins you mentioned and tried repairing the database), you have more or less 156 tables and i suspect the problem comes from an entry, not the tables itself but i couldn't find which entry was it or in what table it was, plus it's difficult to recreate the problem because it doesn't happen every time.

This type of procedure is out of the scope of our support since it's not really related to WPML.

What i can suggest is that you:

- create a staging site
- Disable all the plugins except WPML or WooCommerce (those 2 plugins tend to check many tables of your site in search of content).

- enable the query saving log and the debug log in WordPress: hidden link

You'll probably have a lot of queries logged so try to keep a close eye on the time the problem is happening so you can find the correct queries and then try to study them and figure out where the incorrect content is.

also check for the errors thrown in the debug monitor (found in the JS inspector) which might give you a clue about what happened.

database checks are extremely hard on sites like yours so i think that the best solution here would be to use WP All Import to migrate your site without migrating the actual database and at most you can also migrate the wp_options table so your plugins keep the configuration.

-----------------

You can also try asking your hosting since they might have more advanced ways to debug queries in the database.

September 1, 2021 at 6:57 pm #9502741

louisN-4

1. Is it possible that its because the hosting after all?
2. what did you do to get this?
[01-Sep-2021 10:25:30 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: mysqli::real_connect(): Argument #5 ($port) must be of type ?int, string given in /wp-includes/wp-db.php:2056
3. when you tried to repair with wp-optimize or something, did you see any errors being fixed?

September 2, 2021 at 6:41 am #9506301

Alejandro
Supporter

1) I can't say this for sure. you mention your hosting had an isue before, and if your site lost communication during a query, it could've created entries in the database that got corrupted because the process of adding them was never complete

2) I actually tested this on both the website and the cloudways migration. in both situations i got the problem when "heavy" processes were in place like opening the page lists (so WordPress would loop in the database searching for the pages to show) or when running jobs in the translation basket.

even by just navigating through the back-end. the process was not constant, meaning that it wouldn't happen every single time i ran a specific set of steps, so the server might be involved here.

3) I couldn't because, as explained above, whenever i tried to run "long" processes, the error would eventually arrive, the 502 would appear and the process would be interrupted so it was never really finished.

September 2, 2021 at 9:41 am #9507659

louisN-4

Maybe its a bug that you need to involve your backend team
can you please ask them?

because we didn't have this before

September 2, 2021 at 1:13 pm #9509633

Alejandro
Supporter

Just FYI, i haven't forgotten about you. i'm waiting for our devs to check the issue and see what they can recommend.

September 2, 2021 at 2:05 pm #9509913

Alejandro
Supporter

Hello!

Our developers think that it's possible the problem is that while the current memory usage is ok, you might need more memory during certain momentarily spikes and the 502 might be created due to memory running out.

1) Can you try setting twice as much as you have right now, to maybe try to avoid these peaks from breaking your site?

2) Can you ask your hosting if there have been instead peaks of memory over the ones allowed by them?

September 2, 2021 at 2:44 pm #9510293

louisN-4

there is another way,
since you copied the site, and you experience the same issues with the backet, you can on your end, try for example to see if 10 backet works instead of 40 backet,

if it does that means wpml is working and so does our system

but it also means wpml is not managing memory well and that is a bug your developers needs to address

and also if that proves to be correct, I will need to increase our hosting package until you sort this bug