This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by vincentN-5 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
July 18, 2019 at 12:05 am #4234003

Sven

I am trying to:
On the Translation Job the list is empty, showing 283 pages @ pagination. Changing the filter does not help. Stays empty.

Browser Console shows 403 error:

GET hidden link 403
Response: {"code":"rest_forbidden","message":"Du bist leider nicht berechtigt, diese Aktion durchzuf\u00fchren.","data":{"status":403}}

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
My translation Jobs

Instead, I got:

Empty List.

Plugin Version:
CURRENT
WP:
CURRENT

July 18, 2019 at 8:31 am #4236007

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Can you try this?

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/cannot-cancel-translation-jobs/#post-4065033

I had this ticket about a month ago and the client also had "rest_forbidden" issue. They did say that it did not work for them, but the same solution fixed to other issues we had with "rest_forbidden".

Let me know!

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 18, 2019 at 8:45 am #4236137

Sven

In Stringtranslation there is only one WPML Domain, which contains one entry, and it ain't "Local"
Checked the po and mo files, but there are only mo's, and the lib po. So no useable translations, to do it manually.

$name = __( 'Local', 'wpml-translation-management' );

its Used ONCE in the source. i will "override" temp. to see if it changes the situation.

July 18, 2019 at 8:50 am #4236221

Sven

Nope,
switched it, no change.

//$name = __( 'Local', 'wpml-translation-management' ); 
$name ='Local';

Still getting the same error.
{"code":"rest_forbidden","message":"Du bist leider nicht berechtigt, diese Aktion durchzuf\u00fchren.","data":{"status":403}}

July 18, 2019 at 9:56 am #4237149

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Before I ask our 2nd tier about this, I am curious whether this will work:

WPML -> Theme and plugins localization -> Strings in the plugins -> WPML Translation Management -> Scan, and try translating the Local then.

I know it is a long shot, but it may work.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 18, 2019 at 11:39 am #4238147

Sven

"Strings in the plugins" is display:none

July 18, 2019 at 12:02 pm #4238441

Sven

Ok,

i checked the code.

The permission for the route is based on capability "manage_translations". // WPML_Manage_Translations_Role

Which is not existant @ my system.

The only "near" capability i have is "wpml_manage_translation_management"

July 18, 2019 at 12:50 pm #4238745

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

This does seem strange - for example, a site administrator that is also set as translation manager should have at least the following capabilities:

"wpml_manage_translation_management, wpml_manage_languages, wpml_manage_theme_and_plugin_localization, wpml_manage_support, wpml_manage_woocommerce_multilingual, wpml_operate_woocommerce_multilingual, wpml_manage_media_translation, wpml_manage_navigation, wpml_manage_sticky_links, wpml_manage_string_translation, wpml_manage_translation_analytics, wpml_manage_wp_menus_sync, wpml_manage_taxonomy_translation, wpml_manage_troubleshooting, wpml_manage_translation_options, manage_translations, translate"

And that is visible on the user profile, within capabilities. So you are not seeing all of these?

I do see that you are using "Toolset Access" plugin - is it perhaps set somewhere within this plugin that this capability is perhaps disabled for an admin? Is the issue present if you try disabling all the plugins, leaving only WPML, translation management and string translation active?

Also, what happens if you try adding new translation manager by going to translation management -> translation roles -> translation managers -> add a translation manager?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 18, 2019 at 12:56 pm #4238759

Sven

They are all there.

BUT the Rest permission checks "manage_translations", not "wpml_manage_translation_management" or an other wpml_ based permission.

and yeah, manage_translations didnt exist! So i added it. Adding the permission to my user was the first thing i tried... but still the same error.

July 18, 2019 at 1:27 pm #4239079

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

In order to debug this issue further quickly, would you be willing to provide me with temporary WordPress admin username so I could investigate the issue directly? I have marked your next reply private so you can safely add this information.

I have already wrote a ticket to our 2nd tier support, where I will ask them for an opinion. I will also need credentials, though.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Please make a full backup of your site before sharing this info!

You can use plugins such as UpdraftPlus WordPress Backup Plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/) or ask your host to perform a site backup.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 22, 2019 at 9:28 am #4255471

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Can I ask you the following? In order to debug this issue , can you install Duplicator plugin and create package so that I can try this on my localhost and possibly escalate further to 2nd tier?

https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Let me know if this is OK with you.

If yes, I will need WordPress admin username and password so I could download those packages. I have marked your next reply private so you can safely add this information.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/
Please make a full backup of your site before sharing this info!

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 22, 2019 at 9:55 am #4255609

Sven

No, sry.

the system is not copyable.

July 22, 2019 at 1:15 pm #4257749

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I see - can you tell me if you have a staging site perhaps, where we can do debugging? If you have it, I have marked your next reply as private.

Or if you can provide us with debug.log perhaps?

We need to have any type of access where we can do debugging, otherwise I'm afraid that we are helpless.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 23, 2019 at 8:52 am #4264145

Sven

Currently the part of the system is working.
What is hidden link doing.
Is it Information about the sync Status with my Translation Service ?

Yours Sven

July 23, 2019 at 11:58 am #4265773

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi Sven,

Currently the part of the system is working.

What does this mean, that the issue is no longer there, or?

What is hidden link doing.
Is it Information about the sync Status with my Translation Service ?

Essentially yes, it queries the translation proxy (the status of pending jobs).

Regards,
Bruno Kos