This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jimenaC 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
March 29, 2020 at 2:33 pm #5788831

jimenaC

I am trying to:
I sent a translation job to Icanlocalize (1 page to be translated to portuguese and japanese)
In the Translation Management Dashboard I clicked on the "Check status and get translations", it said that the portuguese translation was completed.
[TP ID: 648321] - Icanlocalize Job ID: 246992

I checked the page in the portuguese version and all the portuguese content that was on that page:
1. Had been overwritten with the English content
2. There were no translation at all

So I went to Icanlocalize website, and the translation is indeed completed. So I clicked the button "Resend to CMS". Nothing happened in my website.

So I had to revert the page to a previous revision to retrieve the portuguese content, I can't have the english content in the portuguese version.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
This content, but translated to portuguese (as it is in Icanlocalize) hidden link

Instead, I got:
The same content in english but in this URL (you can't see that now because I reverted to a previous revision to retrieve the portuguese content)
hidden link

March 30, 2020 at 1:13 pm #5794837

jimenaC

The other translation job has been retrieved now (the japanese one) and the same issue has happened. Although I can see the translated content in Icanlocalize, the page in my website has copied the english content.

March 31, 2020 at 8:46 am #5802129

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve the issue.

Please let me know the following details for tracking the issue.

a) Please check the attached image. hidden link page is showing the Portuguese contents. So does it work as expected now

b) Please share me the URL of the other pages having a similar issue

c) Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking.

Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

March 31, 2020 at 4:10 pm #5806023

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I have shared the details with our Translation Services team for the expert opinion and waiting for their feedback now. We will get back to you soon. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 3, 2020 at 5:50 am #5828883

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

The translation job for the Portuguese and Japanese are showing as completed in the Translation Proxy records and translation status(in WPML>>Translation Management>>Translation Jobs list) is showing as *Completed - Needs update*. Please check the attached image.

Therefore we have a request. Please resend Page for translation in Portuguese and Japanese and translate it again with translation memory to translate without extra cost. Then redeliver to the site again and make sure the issue is existing or not.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 3, 2020 at 2:23 pm #5832921

jimenaC

"translate it again with translation memory to translate without extra cost."

Well, not exactly X-D
First I reverted the english page to a previous version, because I've been making some layout changes these days (thus the "Completed - Needs update message")
Then I sent again the page to translation and I found that the word count and the cost were higher than the first time.
So I checked the translated text in the previous translation job and it seems that only PART of the original english text was sent to translation (yes, I'm sure that I'm sending the same page with exactly the same text both times).

Still, that doesn't explain why the translated text (although it wasn't all) didn't fetch from Icanlocalize.

But I can't tell you if this time is going to work until the new translation is completed.

April 3, 2020 at 5:32 pm #5834495

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I have shared the details with our translation service team and waiting for the feedback. We will get back to you as early as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 6, 2020 at 1:11 pm #5848821

jimenaC

Hello,
The portuguese translation is completed. It is a Frequently Asked Questions page and the text from the answers has been fetched correctly but the titles (questions) didn't.
hidden link

April 6, 2020 at 1:41 pm #5848973

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I have shared the details with our team. But one doubt about this. Have you completed the Portuguese translation again from the beginning for this page - hidden link? Or are you able to get it from the IcanLocalize Translation Memory?

Please let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 6, 2020 at 2:25 pm #5849401

jimenaC

I don't understand your question, could you rephrase it in another way? I checked through the translation manager and it said that the translation I sent on APRIL 3 was complete (remember I sent again to translation as it seems the text wasn't sent the first time, didn't use the translation memory). Then I checked the portuguese page and it was that way.

April 6, 2020 at 3:18 pm #5850433

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I checked the translation status already and it is showing as completed. Please check the following image URL. It was showing the new quotes when you resent the Frequently Asked Questions page for the Portuguese translation.

https://wpml.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/5832921-translation_14.png

Therefore we would like to know are you able to translate it again from the IcanLocalize Translation Memory or not?

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 6, 2020 at 4:03 pm #5850603

jimenaC

Ok, I've sent it again to translation, and it used the Icanlocalize "translation memory" with no extra cost.
Then I've checked through the WPML translation manager, it said the translation job was complete and fetched.
The portuguese page still has the questions in english (although I can see in Icanlocalize that they're indeed translated)

April 6, 2020 at 6:00 pm #5851283

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. It requires further debugging. I am consulting it with our second-tier team now and get back to you soon. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 7, 2020 at 12:51 pm #5857469

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

We have checked the translated XLIFF file from Icanloclaize and it is showing the translated the questions. Please check the attached images.

So we have a request. Please allows me to make a duplicator copy of your site using the Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 7, 2020 at 1:50 pm #5858071

jimenaC

Hello,
You can download SlidesCarnival package and installer.php file zipped here []
Please enable a private form to send this link