This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jimenaC 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
April 7, 2020 at 4:40 pm #5859561

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Thank you for the Duplicator package. I have marked your previous reply as private.

In a quick check, it looks like a compatibility issue with https://wordpress.org/plugins/accordion-blocks/ plugin. We will debug it further and get back to you soon. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 8, 2020 at 12:36 pm #5865747

jimenaC

Okay, thank you. If you find the error it will be useful for future translations. But right now I can't have the texts in English any longer and I will fix it by hand.

April 8, 2020 at 2:47 pm #5867039

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. The questions were not showing after translation because of the compatibility issues with the Gutenberg block by Accordion Blocks. Because of custom blocks, we have to add language configuration to make it compatible with WPML. Please check the following documentation for more details.

https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/#purpose

https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/#translation-of-block-attributes

I am getting the expected result on my local copy after the following steps. But because of the retranslation of all the Questions, I am checking about this our translation team that you will get ICanLocalize Translation Memory for retranslating the Questions or not. We will get back to you soon. Please wait.

1) Visit WPML>>Settings>>Custom XML configuration
2) Add the following code and save the changes. This code will help us list the contents of the H3 tag of the Accordion Gutenberg Block for translation.

<wpml-config>
    <gutenberg-blocks>
        <gutenberg-block type="pb/accordion-item" translate="1">
            <xpath>//h3</xpath>
        </gutenberg-block>
    </gutenberg-blocks>
</wpml-config>

3) Visit WPML>>Settings>>How to translate posts and pages>>New content
4) Choose *Use WPML’s Classic Translation Editor* option and save the settings
5) Open the *Frequently Asked Questions* page edit in English
6) Update the page after a minor edit to refresh the translation settings
7) Open the Portuguese translation for edit in WPML Classic Transltion Editor
8) All the Questions are listing for translation and translate it from scratch

Have you made any changes to *Frequently Asked Questions* page after sending for translation to ICanLocalize? Because Classic Translation Editor was showing some other content for translation. Please check the attached images for more details.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 8, 2020 at 4:31 pm #5867979

jimenaC

ok, sounds great, I'll try this tomorrow and let you know if it works.

April 8, 2020 at 6:42 pm #5869241

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. I have an update from our translation team about the Translation Memory.

If the string was already translated on ICanLocalize, in any CMS project, the Translation memory will be applied, even if it's HTML. We call them shortcodes and in case the entire string is related, it will not be charged. So the Translation Memory is applied across all projects for the same client if they have already translated that string before using ICanLocalize.

Therefore please try it after a full site backup and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 9, 2020 at 2:06 pm #5876693

jimenaC

Thank you very much! it worked and now I know what to do in case I add a new Gutenberg block