Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 18 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by candaceD-3 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Ahmed Mamdouh.

Author Posts
January 31, 2023 at 9:13 pm #12933381

candaceD-3

When we add translations to our basket and submit them, we receive no errors. But then the job seems to disappear after that.

February 1, 2023 at 4:33 am #12934515

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support, I'd be happy to help you with this issue.

Can you please share some screenshots of the issue on your side? And please go to WPML > Support > If you see any error log, please share it with me.

While checking the debug info, I see that the WordPress Memory Limit is below the requirements. The minimum requirements are 128M, but we do recommend 256M and the debug information of your site shows it set to 40M. Please check this link for more details https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/.
You can increase it by adding the following code in your wp-config.php file, right before the /* That’s all, stop editing! Happy publishing. */ line:

define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M' );

After adding the code you can confirm that the memory was changed correctly from WPML > Support > WordPress > Memory limit.

Look forward to your reply.
Thanks

February 1, 2023 at 5:25 pm #12941121

candaceD-3

Hi there -

I submitted 3 jobs, and received errors on the first 2 (I adjusted some local settings between the 2nd/3rd test).

None of the 3 tests made it into the 3rd party translation service.

Here are the errors that the first 2 tests threw:

Event: AMS Server Communication

Description: Active record record not found: Couldn't find Translator with [WHERE `translators_websites`.`website_id` = ? AND `translators`.`email` = ?]

Extra Data: {"errorData":{"status":404,"title":"Active record record not found","detail":"Couldn't find Translator with [WHERE `translators_websites`.`website_id` = ? AND `translators`.`email` = ?]"}}

WPML Job ID: 0

ATE Job ID: 0

February 2, 2023 at 2:01 am #12942605

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated. Your next reply is set to private to share the info.

❌ IMPORTANT: Please backup your database and website before proceeding ❌
You can use this plugin to create the backup: 
https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Also, there is a workaround, in this case, to send the XLIFF file to the translation service then you can import it back onto your site. Please follow steps below:

- Go to WPML >Translation Roles, create a role for your user, and set a language pair
- Sent the page/post to the basket
- While sending the page from the basket, choose the local translator
- Then go to WPML >Translations and select the job and export the XLIFF file
- Send the XLIFF file to the translation service by email
- Once the translation service sends it back you can import the XLIFF from the same place

Please read more on the documentation https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-desktop-cat-tools/configuring-xliff-file-options/

There is also a similar issue in the support forum that you can refer, please check it here https://wpml.org/forums/topic/sdl-translation-service-job-stuck-in-progress/

Thanks

February 3, 2023 at 3:09 am #12951947

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

I've sent a test post to the translation service SDL and see the job is disappeared then. Before escalating this issue to my 2nd tier support, please check and fix some issues I see while reviewing your site.

1. Increase the WP memory limit:
You can increase it by adding the following code in your wp-config.php file, right before the /* That’s all, stop editing! Happy publishing. */ line:

define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M' );

After adding the code you can confirm that the memory was changed correctly from WPML > Support > WordPress > Memory limit.

2. There is a message saying that WPML is unable to connect to WPML.org which means the sitekey is not matched. Please go to Plugins > Add New > Commercial tab > Unregister and Re-register your site with a new sitekey. Please read more on the documentation below
https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/#unregister
https://wpml.org/faq/wpml-plugin-cannot-connect-to-wpml-org/

3. While going to WPML > Translation Management, I see there is a popup that ask me to add the server protection account (of course, I can click Cancel and go on), it could be an issue to block the incoming or outcoming request on your site. Please check this screenshot hidden link
If you don't know how to add or remove it, please try to contact your hosting support to ask for help with this issue.

Thanks

February 6, 2023 at 5:33 pm #12971519

candaceD-3

Hi there - thank you for this. I do still need assistance but won't be able to circle back on those items for another day or so. I will let you know once those items have been resolved.

February 7, 2023 at 2:04 am #12973117

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

Take your time and you can reply to this ticket a few days later or create a new ticket whenever needed.

Thanks

February 14, 2023 at 8:42 pm #13034011

candaceD-3

Hello again - thank you for your patience.

I was able to resolve all 3 of the items you mentioned in your previous ticket.

Also - as a FYI, I have been in contact with the 3rd party vendor as well and they advised that in the batch name we should not use any special characters.

Thank you for escalating to level 2 support. I will be on the lookout for next steps.

February 15, 2023 at 3:15 am #13034981

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

I've escalated this issue to my 2nd tier support. I will update you here once I have something to share.

Regards.

February 15, 2023 at 4:32 pm #13042335

Ahmed Mamdouh
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

This is Ahmed Mamdouh from the translation proxy team and I'm going to help you with this ticket.

I checked our logs and I found that there is an error message coming from the SDL system every time we try to send those pages for translation, this error message is showing as follows:

"exception_type": "BatchInterface::ConfigurationError",

"exception_message": "SDL Project Option: {:language_pairs=>{\"en-US\"=>[\"de-DE\", \"es-419\", \"fr-FR\", \"it-IT\", \"ja-JP\", \"pt-BR\", \"zh-CN\"]}, :file_types=>[\"xml\", \"json\", \"xlsm\", \"xlsx\", \"xltm\", \"xltx\", \"xls\", \"potm\", \"potx\", \"ppsm\", \"ppsx\", \"pptm\", \"pptx\", \"pot\", \"pps\", \"ppt\", \"docm\", \"docx\", \"dotm\", \"dotx\", \"doc\", \"dot\", \"sdlxliff\"]} does not support XLIFF files"

So I'm going to contact SDL support and provide them with all the information related to this request and will let you know once I got a reply from them.

Also if you wish, you can contact SDL directly and provide them with the above information.

Best regards,
Ahmed Mamdouh.

February 17, 2023 at 6:02 pm #13059001

candaceD-3

Hi there -

I did reach out to the 3rd party vendor with the error message you supplied.

They came back to me with this response:

> It could be that the file type being sent is different than what was previously set up. I have made a change on my end to accept any file type for the purposes of testing. If this works and we receive the files, we will likely need to create a new unique filter for the files received. Please try sending again and let us know once the test is submitted.

I did submit another test and it appears to have gotten further along, I am working with them on confirming everything is looking right on their end.

In the meantime, curious if you are seeing it as a success in the logs, or if there are any additional errors we should look into?

February 18, 2023 at 3:04 pm #13061937

Ahmed Mamdouh
Supporter

Hello,

I checked the batches you sent on 17 Feb 2023, and I can confirm that the old error has disappeared, but one of your batches has been canceled due to a mapping error, and the following is the error response I see:

does not support target languages: [\"es-ES\"]

So it seems that there is an issue with the language mapping regarding Spanish, but I can see that the other jobs are passed successfully.

Best regards,
Ahmed Mamdouh.

February 22, 2023 at 1:10 am #13083605

candaceD-3

How can I change that setting? The vendor requires 'es-419' to be used.

See attached screenshot for settings, I've attempted to update them there but that doesn't seem to have worked.

000.png
February 22, 2023 at 12:53 pm #13089151

Ahmed Mamdouh
Supporter

Hello,

As I can see from the screenshot you provided, is that the language code for Spanish is "es" and SDL is expecting to have "es-419", So I did a language mapping from "es" to "es-419" for your project.

Please try again and let me know how it goes.

Best regards,
Ahmed Mamdouh.

February 22, 2023 at 11:43 pm #13093673

candaceD-3

Thank you - that seemed to do the trick. Can you let me know where you made this adjustment? I will need to replicate it in a different environment.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.