Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
March 18, 2020 at 2:34 pm #5712051

Kristof

We have a Gravity Form with a conditional field.
When Translation Management plugin is active, the conditional field does not work, when we disable TM, it works

March 19, 2020 at 8:59 am #5717525

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello!
Welcome to WPML Support.
I'll do my best to help you solve this issue.

Let's start by meeting WPML's minimum requirements:

Please add the following code in your wp-config.php file, right after the database information lines of code:

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT','128M');

Then try to make a small change in the gravity form and update the translation. Check if by any chance that fixes the situation.

If not, could you tell me how to replicate the problem? i'd like to replicate it on a clean environment to see if we're talking about a compatibility issue.

Regards.

March 19, 2020 at 1:57 pm #5720559

Kristof

Hi,
I have added the memory limit to the wp-config and added a test input field to the form.
But where do I update the translations?
Although this is not a translation issue, the conditional field is missing on all languages.

Reproducing the issue:
WP setup with:
Twenty Twenty theme
Gravity Forms
Gravity Forms Multilingual
WPML Multilingual CMS
WPML String Translation
WPML Translation Management

Contrary to our previous post where we had already Gravity Forms Multilingual active and then enabling WPML Translation Management caused the issue, when we only have GF ML or WPML TM active there is no issue, but when we activate both, the conditional field is missing.

So the issue is only with those 2 plugins active at the same time.

March 19, 2020 at 2:50 pm #5720901

Alejandro
Supporter

Hi there,

I tried to recreate the issue on my end, but it works there. i created a conditional field and it works on my end.

ould you please check the form on this site and let me know if i'm missing something? --> hidden link

if i am doing something wrong, could you please try to replicate the problem there and let me know if you could (and how)?

Thanks.

March 19, 2020 at 3:01 pm #5721029

Kristof

I have updated your form so it now also displays the issue. You set the condition to "IS", which works, but when set to "CONTAIN" it does not work.

March 19, 2020 at 4:26 pm #5721703

Alejandro
Supporter

I see, it definitely looks like a compatibility Issue.

I'll escalate it to our developers and notify you as soon as i have news from them.

Regards.

March 19, 2020 at 5:54 pm #5722337

Alejandro
Supporter

Posso confirmare che il nostro team sta studiando la situazione.

Ti terrò aggiornato.

Saluti.

June 22, 2020 at 8:37 am #6424111

Kristof

Any update on this? Our client is getting a bit impatient, understandably, because not being able to use the conditional fields, means they have more work keeping the form translations updated.

June 22, 2020 at 11:42 am #6425781

Alejandro
Supporter

Hello,

We still haven't had this fixed but it's one of the issues that have high priority. i asked our devs to update me on the current status so i can update you as well and i'll get back to you as soon as they let me know.

April 17, 2021 at 1:20 pm #8561405

Alejandro
Supporter

After many months of back and forth and changes in both WPML and Gravity Forms, we managed to find a way to make this correctly and permanently compatible. the release will be in Gravity Forms Multilingual 1.6.0 and the Gravity forms release that will come after our release.

Regards.