Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 22 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ahmed Ibrahim 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Ahmed Ibrahim.

Author Posts
October 10, 2019 at 1:59 pm #4731105

Linguarum Translation Agency

Dear Support Team,

I have uploaded the XLIFF files trough the Hub, put the import in WordPress is not working.

I am trying to "check status get translations" under Translation Management (have admin rights to the clients WP site) but do just get a "communication error" message form the site.

In the Hub all the 96 XLIFF data has been successfully uploaded and finished.

Pickup mode is automatic.

Why is the import into WordPress not working?

Can I start the whole export / ant the import of the translated files over? Does that help?

Many thanks in advance fo the help.

Best regards
Gabor

October 10, 2019 at 5:07 pm #4733131

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi and thanks for contacting our support forum.

Can you please send me the site credentials in order to investigate the issue, and check what is blocking the translations from reaching your site.

If this will be ok, please add them in the next private reply.

Best regards.

October 15, 2019 at 7:43 am #4755141

Dear Ahmed,

have you had the chance to look into the case?
Thank you in advance for the help.

Best regards
Gabor

October 15, 2019 at 11:09 am #4756509

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for the credentials, I have checked the site and I've replicated the same behaviour but it is not obvious why WPML is not able to download the jobs, I will need to check the site log file, so please go to the wp-config.php and add the following lines:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true);

Then try again to download the translations to replicate the same behaviour, then go to the wp-content folder, and get the debug.log file and upload it to me at any online drive and send me the link to download it in your next reply.

Best regards.

October 16, 2019 at 11:28 am #4765007

Hi Ahmed,
thank you for your assistance with this.
I need to contact the IT support from the site.
I will come back to you shortly with the debug.log file.

Best regards
Gabor

October 16, 2019 at 2:47 pm #4766679

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

Sure, please let me know when you have the file.

Best regards.

October 23, 2019 at 9:39 am #4809617

Hi Ahmed,

I just received the reply from my client:
"So the debug mode is already enabled, we have only disabled the output, otherwise visitors to the site might see the error messages as well. The setting that should be set only means that warnings & error messages are stored in the debug.log. This means that the agency must now perform the download / upload and if an error should occur it will be noted in the debug.log.".

Would you please advise?

Thank you very much for your efforts so far with this.

Best regards
Gabor

October 23, 2019 at 10:05 am #4809843

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

We were checking the TP and we can see that there is no issues related to the TP server, so I asked for the debug.log file to see if there is any related error could help us identify the problem.

I talked with our WPML developers and they wish to take a copy from the client site and debug it on our servers and this will help us investigate the issue and find a solution faster, so if this is ok for the client, he 'll need to temporarily install a plugin called "Duplicator" on your site. This will allow you to create a copy of your site and your content. You can provide me with the snapshot following these directions:
If you already know how Duplicator works ( http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/ ), please skip the following steps and just send me the installer file and the zipped package you downloaded.

:: Duplicator instructions
. From WordPress plugin page, look for "Duplicator" and install it
. Once installed, you get a new main menu "Duplicator"
. Chose "Packages"
. Click on the first button you find in the toolbar on the right ("Create New")
. Give it a name or leave it as is
. Click on "Next"
. Wait until the package is ready
. Click on "Installer", then on "Package": the first one is just a PHP script, the second one is a zip file containing everything you need
. Send me both files (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services)
#Important:
As the snapshot file will be quite big, you can exclude the images if the file is very big, you can use the filters to exclude the uploads file and also use the filter to exclude any compressed files with these extensions .rar, .gz and .zip )

I will set the next reply as a private reply so you will able to provide a link to download the duplicator package.

Thanks and Best Regards

October 24, 2019 at 3:14 pm #4821589

Hi Ahmed,
you can find the file here: hidden link
However, you must perform the download/upload once so that the errors also occur in the log file.

I would really appreciate your help and waiting your reply.

Best,
Gabor

October 25, 2019 at 11:41 am #4826539

Hi Ahmed,
sorry for chasing you with this. Have you had the chance to look into the case?

I would really appreciate your help with this.

Thanks
Gabor

October 25, 2019 at 1:39 pm #4827277

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi Gabor

Sorry for the late reply, the file has a lot of info and I couldn't find anything related to WPML.

So In my previous comment, I have asked you to provide me with the duplicator package to test the job on our server. You will find all the info in the comment, so please let me know if it is possible to send me the package.

The next reply will be private in case you want to send me the link.

Best regards

October 28, 2019 at 12:42 pm #4839549

Hi Ahmed,
Thank you for the information, we have to confirm this first because of the data protection.

The IT of the website is asking me:
In the meantime, you might be able to tell me what kind of error we got then you can
and see if we can get this solved.
I did the down and upload in the HUN. The log file should be here:
hidden link

Thank you versy much for your assistance with this.

Best,
Gabor

October 28, 2019 at 2:51 pm #4840921

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

The log file has a lot of notices and errors, some of them related to some missing databases, and some noticed related to the theme, but I can't see anything related to WPML, and this is why I asked to have a site copy to be able to debug further.

Best regards.

October 28, 2019 at 4:17 pm #4841593

Hi Ahmed,
thank you for your assistance so far. We could attribute the error to the TP_ID field in the database (table: icl_translation_status) being set to "0".
whereby WPML always returns the error "400 - This is a local job".

You may also have a hint on how to fix this? Is this because the updated plugin?

Thanks
Gabor

October 29, 2019 at 4:24 pm #4850071

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

It will be hard to identify the issue without debugging your site copy on our local server.
Another solution would be to send one of these pages again to the translation service, I think this will fix the job if it has any corrupted data, then use the translation memory of the service to re-translate the job without paying extra money and re-deliver it to WPML, and if it worked correctly we can do the same for the rest of the jobs.

If this will be hard for you, please send me the duplicator package and we will debug your site and try to fix the jobs for you.

Best regards.