Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 22 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ahmed Ibrahim 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Ahmed Ibrahim.

Author Posts
October 31, 2019 at 1:47 pm #4864485

Linguarum Translation Agency

Dear Ahmed,
I just wanted to do a quick follow up on this.
The customer is very unhappy and wants to finish the upload until Monday.
It would be great if we could fix the issue this week. I would really appreciate your help.
I can also provide you with the XLIFF files. Or we can do a screensharing as well.

Thank you again.

Best reagards,
Gabor

October 31, 2019 at 4:25 pm #4866107

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

The issue has been escalated to our WPML developers, and they will investigate it and I will update you once I get their reply.

There is a manual way we can use to import the jobs, but it could take time as you have a lot of jobs, so I prefer to wait the dev team to check it.

Best regards.

November 1, 2019 at 10:41 am #4869685

Dear Ahmed,
thank you very much for your update.
I just wanted to express how urgent the matter for the customer is. They are chasing me me very hard for the solution, so I would really appreciate your prompt help in this case.
I also wanted to ask, if the customer can delete the duplicate.
Thank you very much again.
Best regards,
Gabor

November 1, 2019 at 11:42 am #4870389

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

Sure I understand that this is urgent, and I have pinged one of the dev team to check it and hope he can check it today but I don't grant that, so I will list here the manual process in case you wanted to do it for some important pages.

- Go to WPML -> Translation Management -> Translation Role and add yourself as a local translator.
- Go to the Translation Dashboard and select the pages that you need to import manually
- Add them to the basket
- Open the basket and send them to yourself
- Now we want to import the translated files to the local jobs, so go to WPML -> Translations.
- Select the jobs and download the XLIFF files for them.
- Get the translated XLIFF files
- Now you have to open each file and copy the Original code at the XLIFF header from the local job and add it to the translated file, then import it. (WPML use the Original code to connect the file with the job) (check the attached screenshot)

Also, what do you mean by "I also wanted to ask, if the customer can delete the duplicate."
If the client duplicated the original post to the secondary languages, they will be overwritten when importing the jobs.

Please let me know if that helps
Best regards

November 4, 2019 at 2:21 pm #4882017

Hi Ahmed,

Thanks for your support so far.
I am still not seeing the end of this mass - so I hope you can help me further.

I tried your manual proposal on one page, and the status became finished. 🙂
But I still see the source language appearing. The french translation would not like to appear on the target page: hidden link

I am not sure I did right this 2 Steps:
- Get the translated XLIFF files
I have them already, so I just changed the Original code to the new one.
- Now you have to open each file and copy the Original code at the XLIFF header from the local job and add it to the translated file, then import it. (WPML use the Original code to connect the file with the job) (check the attached screenshot)
Yes, I did just paste this code in the already translated XLIFF and uploaded.

May I kindly ask you If your Dev Team had the chance to look into our issue?

Thanks again for your support
Gabor

November 4, 2019 at 6:33 pm #4884025

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

I have pinged the dev team again about it, so they should check it very soon.
Can you please upload the two files to any online drive and send me the link to download them at your next reply and I will check them and let you know if there is anything wrong.

Another method That I want you to try, is by sending one from the not completed jobs again to the service and translate again using the translation memory then u[load the new translation and see if the new translation will have the same problem, and if work we can do the same for the rest of the pages.

Best regards.

November 5, 2019 at 10:29 am #4887673

Hi Ahmed,
Thank you for your new idea. I resent one page for myself. Copied the translations in the new file, than uploaded it in the HUB. The task seems to be finished, but now there is no French text visible on the target page (hidden link)
Here you can download the requested 2 XLIFF files: hidden link
I am also not sure regarding the user managament, so I made you some screen shots.

I would really appreciate a solution feon you and waiting your advise on this.
I am also available for a quick screen sharing, if this helps.

Thank you
Gabor

November 5, 2019 at 12:34 pm #4888929

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

I can see that you have sent the post "Datenschutz" to the translation again, and got the job completed correctly, but as you mentioned the french translation is empty, so I downloaded the translated XLIFF file from our server, and found that all the target elements are empty and doesn't have any content, please check here:
hidden link

Is that the file that you uploaded? if not, please send me the file you uploaded and I will check why the translated content has been disappeared.

Our developers mentioned a simpler way to fix these jobs, the main reason why WPML is not able to get the translated files for some of your jobs is that these jobs are missing an important record called TP ID, which connects the job with our TP server, and you can see this record if you go to WPML -> Translation Management -> Translation Jobs, and see the column "Translated by".
To fix the issue, please go to WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting, and you will find a button called `Fix WPML Translation Jobs "tp_id" field` beside this button enter the job ids that need to be fixed at the text field as you can see in the screenshots and check again if the TP ID came back and try to download the jobs again and let me know if it works for you.

Best regards.