This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by lauraC-26 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
May 31, 2019 at 1:01 am

lauraC-26

Hello,

When I am working in WPML in the back end of my site (www.whsrn.org) every action on the Translation Management page takes a full minute or more to load. Whether adding a page to the translation basket or simply filtering pages.

Can you please help me figure out why the load time is so slow when working on the Translation Management page? The load time seems to be fine on any other page within the WPML backend, and is fine across the front end of the site.

Thank you!

May 31, 2019 at 9:02 am #3928741

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi Laura,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

I was not able to detect any long loading times in the Translation Management Backend over the DevTools. WordPress includes a debug mode which can help to reveal PHP problems.

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.
If you open wp-config.php and that define statement is not there, you can add it right before this line:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Please note that you’ll see everything, not only related to our Plugins.
This will most likely include messages from other plugins, your theme and sometimes even WordPress core. The messages appear all over the place.
Sometimes they appear right on top, but they can also appear in the middle of the page.

DOC:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

Please report me the errors you are seeing.

Best Marcel

May 31, 2019 at 1:47 pm #3930993

lauraC-26

Interestingly, after experiencing this issue for the past two weeks, this morning it seems to be solved! I will submit another support ticket if the problem comes up again. Thank you!