Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.59 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
December 11, 2018 at 5:49 am #2987198

karenK-9

Hello,

Do I have to install Translation Management plugin if I am going to translate the website myself? As far as I see this plugin helps to send the request to translate the page, however, in my cse I will do that myself. Do I need to install it anyway?

Thanks

December 11, 2018 at 7:09 am #2987310

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.
You don’t have to install Translation Management if you don’t need to, it totally depends on your project. However, WPML is not only a tool for external translators, it also provides you other features which will help you translating your site faster and more efficiently.

You can see a list of tools built into Translation Management in this article:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/translation-tools-available-with-wpml/

Let me know if you need more info.

Jamal
WPML Support

December 11, 2018 at 7:57 am #2987484

karenK-9

I am still confused.

I am using Divi theme and when I install the main WPML plugin there was a message to install Translation Management as well. I dont like to have plugins that I dont use so that's why I decided to ask.

The second thing I'd like to mention that before Installing the Translation Management plugin I wasn't able to set Classic Translation Editor. I don't know why.

If I remove it will I damage my site?

December 11, 2018 at 9:48 am #2987881

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,
About your first question, You don't need to install Translation Management but is is recommended. You can always use WP editor.
About your second question, you need to have Translation Management in order to have Translation Editor.
Jamal
WPML Support

December 11, 2018 at 10:22 am #2988085

karenK-9

1) Ohh you mean if I want the smart editor where I can add translations side by side I need to keep the Translaton Management plugin?

2) Can you please tell me what is like this and which is the right way (this is my first translated website) I made a video hidden link
2a) As you can see I open two pages to show that both are translated in a different languages however one one URL is on a different language. I changed several time the title however it still uses the old version. I dont use any caching plugin (no plugin at all besides WPML)
2b) Is it okay to have the URL in two languages like hidden link. It looks not good however this is the only easiest way to translate the menu (sync)

3) Also I'd like to ask about WP 5.0. Does WPML comparable with WP 5?

Thanks

December 11, 2018 at 11:03 am #2988300

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

To answer your first question, yes, if you want the smart editor where I can add translations side by side I need to keep the Translation Management plugin.
As of the other question, please consider our support rules, we are able to handle only one issue at the time. This help us to bring you a better service and also help other users to find all the information here exposed.
If you still need an information regarding Translation Management, feel free to reply and i’ll be glad to help, if not, i have to kindly ask you to open a new thread if you need further assistance, you can assign it directly to me. In that way you don't have to wait and we can continue working on it.

Jamal
WPML Support

December 11, 2018 at 5:52 pm #2989872

karenK-9

I didn't know about that but you could have answered to not wasting my time. the response time is 1 day and I dont' have it. disappointed a lot!

December 12, 2018 at 6:47 am #2991783

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

My apologies for the feeling you may have, we tried to reply you as accurate as possible with the information provided.
Please let me know if you still need assistance regarding your question, I would be happy to help you.

Jamal
WPML Support.

December 12, 2018 at 6:53 am #2991804

karenK-9

Sorry I don't have time to read terms.
If you really wanna help please answer with a solution here https://wpml.org/forums/topic/i-have-some-wierd-urls/

I need to fix this asap/. I've been struggling with your plugin for month already.

December 12, 2018 at 10:06 am #2992589

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Unfortunately I can take your other ticket as it has already been assigned, you will have an answer as soon as possible.
Thank you for your understanding,

Jamal
WPML Support