This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
September 6, 2019 at 2:18 pm

josefL-2

I am using the "ultimate add ons for gutenberg" from astra and it seems this confuses WPML a little bit. I am using Translation Manager to translate my content and now I see a lot of uagb/columns with code in the Translation Manager. I don't want to translate those parts because it's just code. For every translation I have to click around 30 times on "translation complete" although there is nothing to translate there in the first place.
Could you please have look?

What is also weird is that if I click on "Show differences" something completely different is shown.

Best, Josef

September 8, 2019 at 6:39 pm #4532399

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Josef,

Nice to see you back 🙂

I just had a look at the Ultimate Addons for Gutenberg plugin and I could see that it is not a part of the WPML compatible plugins list (https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/).

This means that the WPML plugin will apply the default behavior by reading all the blocks added to the page and making them available for translation. I tried to make a small change through the XML configuration to make the WPML plugin no longer make the column blocks available for translation.

Can you try to add a new translation (not edit an existing translation), and tell me if you still see the columns available for translation, please?

Thanks,
Radu

September 9, 2019 at 8:12 am #4534511

josefL-2

Dear Radu,
thank you very much for your answer.
Yes this seems to work, nice!
Could you also remove the "uag/section" block, I think then we removed all the unnecessary content.
Out of curiosity, where exactly did you make those changes?
Best, Josef

September 9, 2019 at 8:53 am #4534845

josefL-2

Dear Radu,
another thing I noticed, I cannot see the option "translate independently" anymore. Where did this function go?
Best, josef

September 10, 2019 at 10:57 am #4544361

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Josef,

The change I made is pretty simple. You can look at the XML config that I added to the Dashboard → WPML → Settings → Custom XML Configuration area. As you can see, I added a line for the uag/section element.

Regarding the Translate independently option, can you send me a link to the page where you expected to see it, please? This way I can check it out and see why is the button missing.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] Translation Management uagb/column’ is closed to new replies.