This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
August 14, 2017 at 5:40 pm #1341958

Bernardo

Hi,

one of my websites requires constant work from the translation team. I need a way to let them do their job without actually interact with the website (login). The website security restrictions are getting tougher every day and are going to be a problem to let non-technical people, like qualified translators, getting in.

I'd like to be able to use an external hub to collect and manage translations. WPML does connect to a multitude of paid services, but none of them offers to handle the translations privately, with your team of translators.

I think WPML itself should consider implementing this, on its site but, in the meantime, is there a reliable website that allows the translation management privately?

I heard of "Translation Exchange" but the registration process is weirdly articulated and requires an external plugin to interact with WPML ...I and don't like the idea of any 3rd party plugin interacting with WPML. Would be nice if WPML could integrate "Translation Exchange" to their supported service, natively! Could you consider to add this service to WPML's list?

If not a dedicated service, would be possible to automate the interaction with translators using the XLIFF files? For example, when I assign a translation to a translator, he receives an email with the xliff file; once translated, he sends it back via email and WPML picks the XLIFF file, and warns the administrator that the translation is complete and requires the final authorization. Is this doable?

Thanks for the support.

Best regards

Ben

August 15, 2017 at 1:07 am #1342133

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi Ben,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support,

Each translation service has its own procedure from the way they provide a quote to the translation process.

For example, using ICanLocalize you can see the estimated quote once you add translator, choose content for translation in Translation Dashboard and send it.

Translators will not have access to your site, they will use a special tool to translate the content and send it back to your site. All completed translations will appear in your website automatically as all our translation services are integrated with WPML. (most of the time there is an API connection)

To select a translation service you just need to press "Activate" button under the logo and follow the instructions.

Please let me know if you need more details.

+https://wpml.org/documentation/content-translation/

Review the translation services
+https://wpml.org/translation-service/

I understand you like the "Translation Exchange" service , please do note that we are open to translation services who are interested to be integrated to WPML , therefore it's really up to the service to make the steps to contact us and integrate with WPML
More information about this here
+https://wpml.org/documentation/content-translation/how-to-add-translation-services-to-wpml/

If not a dedicated service, would be possible to automate the interaction with translators using the XLIFF files? For example, when I assign a translation to a translator, he receives an email with the xliff file; once translated, he sends it back via email and WPML picks the XLIFF file, and warns the administrator that the translation is complete and requires the final authorization. Is this doable?

- I can add this request to our feature request list , so it can be brought up to our developers.
As with all feature request , they are all reviewed and if there can be found a priority and need our developers consider them for future updates.

August 15, 2017 at 1:02 pm #1343617

Bernardo

Hi Bobby,

thanks for taking the time to reply.

I understand how WPML services work and that is really nice to have all those choices integrated into WPML. The issue is that all those services are crazy expensive if someone has to translate a lot of content on a daily basis and, in those cases, it's just easier to hire translators offering full-time jobs.

None of those services allows using your own translator team and this is a shame.

I'll try to write to "Translation Exchange" and ask them to contact you to see if they can be added as a normal service inside WPML.

Thanks for the support.

Best regards

Ben