This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
July 2, 2019 at 4:58 pm

clementeR

Hi,

After a small change in the content of the website (hidden link) I lost all the translations that I've made. So I restored a previous backup.

But I think that if I try to change something again, every translation will dissapear.

How can I know what it's happening?

Thanks!

July 2, 2019 at 9:38 pm #4130139

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

I can see that your current versions of CMS Multilingual, String Translation and TranslatioN Management are not up-to-date.

Please proceed with the updates and also make sure that any additional plugin is using the latest version.

Then verify if the issue still persists when updating content.

If so, enable the wp-debug feature to see if there are any current PHP errors given.

Add the following to your wp-config.php file:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

If you open wp-config.php and that define statement is not there, you can add it right before this line:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

You will be able to find a complete report inside of your wp-content folder. Look for a debug.log file and provide me the results.

More information about how to activate this feature you can find here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Let me know about the results. In case the debug-log is very long please add it to a web tool like pastebin.com and send me the link.

Kind regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] Translation missing’ is closed to new replies.