Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 14:00 8:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 13:00 11:00 – 15:00 10:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 19:00 13:00 – 17:00 14:00 – 18:00 16:00 – 20:00 15:00 – 19:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
June 29, 2022 at 1:48 pm #11568759

darrellS-3

I am trying to: Translate fields

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Subheader field for translation

Instead, I got: Subheader field is not visible. The field is set to "Translate" in settings.

Screenshot 2022-06-29 094622.png
Screenshot 2022-06-29 093940.png
June 30, 2022 at 7:39 am #11572877

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there.

From what I can see, the "Translation" settings have the "Copy once" checkbox checked instead of the "Translate" one.

Maybe that's why the custom field is not showing up for translation, because it is set to be automatically copied into the translation.

Please let me know if that fixed the issue.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

June 30, 2022 at 10:03 pm #11581145

darrellS-3

Hi Mihai,

The repeater field is set to copy once per WPML recommendations. The subfields are set to "translate." Are you able to assign this to someone familiar with the plugin just to limit the back and forth? We are hoping to resolve this as soon as possible. Thank you!

June 30, 2022 at 10:55 pm #11581245

darrellS-3

Additional notes: we created a new custom field group with three fields, set all three to "Copy Once", but only one of the fields is actually available in the translation editor. Could you have someone login if I provide credentials to determine the source of the bug?

July 1, 2022 at 7:35 pm #11587171

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there and welcome back.

1. I can definitely transfer you to another colleague of mine if you would prefer that but I think you are in good hands. In case you would still prefer me to do that, please let me know and I would be more than happy to help you with that request.

2. I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of the site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this: hidden link

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

July 4, 2022 at 7:39 pm #11600413

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for the credentials.

I can confirm that I was able to log in successfully.

I am spending more time on this and I will get back to you as soon as I have more feedback.

I will leave the ticket assigned to myself for the moment.

Kind regards,
Mihai

July 8, 2022 at 2:50 pm #11631875

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there and thank you for your amazing patience.

This issue is pretty weird and I have a strong feeling that this might happen as a compatibility issue between WPML and (at least) one of the active plugins or the current theme.

To further debug the problem I’d like to replicate your site locally.

I will need your written approval to be able to duplicate your site using a plugin called "Duplicator" and test your site in a testing environment so can you please let me know if this is ok with you?

After we find the solution for this, the duplicated site will be deleted.

Please let me know.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai

The topic ‘[Closed] Translation missing fields’ is closed to new replies.