This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 19 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
April 25, 2019 at 8:26 am #3680075

ondrejG

Im translating method description from flexible shipping. In some cases, when I do translation, then it appear on web correctly, but only once. Then "Translation needs update" show up in admin and translation no longer work. Sometimes, string even disappear from string translations and then somehow reappear with "Translation needs update"

I have tried to check "Auto register strings for translation" on and off for flexible shipping with no effect.

String being translated is relatively long and relatively similar to other strings. In string translations in "Name" column is shown truncated. Is it possible that two long similar, but not identical strings get in conflict?

On site si WPML v. 3.5.3 and Flexible Shipping v. 3.1.1

Right now, I have no idea why is it happening or how to fix it. Please, help.

April 25, 2019 at 12:42 pm #3682521

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I will be helping you with this problem.

1. Upgrade WPML
As a first step, please upgrade your WPML plugins to their latest release levels. Then please confirm if you are still able to replicate this behaviour.

2. Flexible Shipping
Unfortunately, I cannot find this plugin currently among the list of compatible plugins here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/

In this case, if you are still having this behaviour even after upgrading to the latest WPML releases, then we would need to follow our compatibility process for new plugins.

I would prepare a new sandbox site with fresh copies of our plugins and the Storefront theme. I will then ask you to upload this plugin, configure it, and prepare the most simple example in order to replicate the problem on the sandbox site.

Once I can confirm the problem, I can then escalate it to our compatbility team for more work.

I wait for your news.

April 27, 2019 at 9:03 am #3695029

ondrejG

Hello,

I have just updated wordpress and all plugins and issue is still there.

Im not sure if I can replicate this on clean install, because of erratic nature of issue. I dont know exactly what to do to make it happen. I may also provide duplicator package of site (just with erased personal data and uploads) and point to case when it happens consistently, if that would work for you.

April 29, 2019 at 10:10 am #3702007

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

1. Clarification
You wrote: "... erratic nature of issue. I dont know exactly what to do to make it happen...point to case when it happens consistently,"

In the case where it happens consistently, what are the steps and what marks this product/case different from all the others?

What is the "erratic" part of the behaviour? Do you mean it consistently appears in some products and not in others'

2. Case study
If you are able to provide details for a single case then at least I can confirm the nature of the issue. I am opening the private are for this.

Regards

April 30, 2019 at 7:57 am #3708899

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

I´m getting the following screen when attempting to reach your site (see image).

I´m opening the private area for more instructions from you.

April 30, 2019 at 8:02 am #3708957

ondrejG

sorry, I cant see any image

April 30, 2019 at 8:24 am #3709327

ondrejG

It was geoprotection issued by webhosting. I have disabled it, so it should work now.

April 30, 2019 at 8:25 am #3709333

ondrejG

btw, it seems communication is no longer private.

April 30, 2019 at 10:11 am #3710273

Yvette
Supporter

I´ve removed the image.

May 6, 2019 at 7:59 am #3745661

ondrejG

Hello, is there some progress? Have you managed to replicate issue?

May 6, 2019 at 1:44 pm #3749203

Yvette
Supporter

Unfortunately, I was able to replicate the issue on your site but unable to see what the underlying cause is.

Could you please do the following in this sandbox site:
hidden link

1 Upload the plugin
2. Create a test case
3. Confirm that the same thing happens in the sandbox site.

If it happens again, I can escsalate it to the compatibility team who will debug it more in depth.

May 6, 2019 at 7:15 pm #3752275

ondrejG

I have tried to rebuild it, but - since I too dont know underlaying cause - it just dont happen.

Can you, please, at least provide me some tips how I can debug it more in depth then?

May 7, 2019 at 5:10 pm #3760955

Yvette
Supporter

Here are my observations:
- On the local installation of your site using Duplicator provided, it is sufficient to just refresh the checkout page for the status of the string to go back to "Translation needs upate" -so it is not requiring that you choose "Belgium".

- The behaviour persisted even with the all non-WPML plugins deactivated and the theme tempoarily changed to Storefront.

- I was unable to reproduce this behaviour on the sandbox site

I´m sorry to not be able to tell you how to debug this. I´ve escalated your case to our 2nd tier supporters for further investigation. It seems to be something specific to your site.

May 9, 2019 at 12:27 pm #3776125

ondrejG

ok, please, let me know if there is anything new or if I can help somehow.

About test site I have prepared - will you need it anymore or may I shut it down?

Thank you

May 9, 2019 at 2:07 pm #3776919

Yvette
Supporter

If you don´t mind, please leave the test site up until the 2nd tier supoprter has had a chance to take a look.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] "Translation needs update" with Flexible shipping method description’ is closed to new replies.