This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by davidR-105 1 year, 5 months ago.

Author Posts
May 17, 2018 at 2:59 pm #2178128

davidR-105

I have custom fields which I am trying to translate (Please see screenshot for example title from "what we do" to "was wir tun"). However these are not appearing on the frontend when switching to German. Is there anything else I should be doing?

Regards,

David

May 20, 2018 at 12:59 pm #2196793

Otto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires (GMT-03:00)

Hello David,

Please, apologize for the delay in answering. We are a bit loaded lately, but working hard to get back to normal. Another colleague will take care of the ticket as soon as possible. Meanwhile, I would like to provide some hints and debugging steps to move things forward.

Until the translation is complete it won't show up on the front end.

Can you please try checking all the "Translation is complete" checkboxes.

If this is not the issue, please go to WPML > Translation Management > Multilingual content setup > Custom fields and make sure they are set to translate.

If this does not help either, can you please elaborate a bit on how the custom fields were created and displayed on the front end?

Thanks!

Let us know your results, please.

Kind regards,

Otto

May 22, 2018 at 8:29 am #2205909

davidR-105

Hi Otto,

Thanks for the advice. It was indeed that the translation had not been set to complete. Doing this displayed the translation on the frontend.

Regards,

David