This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.37 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
May 14, 2019 at 9:43 am #3805365

louisB-13

I am trying to translate my products and for SOME products it claims that translation is not complete

Capture 1

though it is complete.

Capture 2

If I click on Finish and Redeliver, I come back to my product page with NO error message but translation is not complete.

It has been working on most of my products and I did not perform any change or update.

I'm running WooCommerce multilingual 4.6.2.1 and I have tried to disable and re-enable the plugin.

Thanks for help

LB

May 14, 2019 at 10:35 am #3805941

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Can you tell me if the translation (the update one, after you redelivered it) of these products is visible on the site frontend? The "circle" symbol would mean that either the original has been modified or that, as it is in your case, the translations requires update.

It might be a caching thing as well - if you have a caching system on your site (like WordPress plugin), can you clear it after you deliver it back from the ATE and check then? I've seen delays like this one on some sites and was usually due to caching and it got fixed by its own.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 14, 2019 at 12:32 pm #3806769

louisB-13

Hi,

I don't have any caching plugin or caching on the hosting server.

The "under translation" products are visble on the site front end but as "untranslated". They are not visble in the English product page backend...

Thanks for your help.

LB

May 14, 2019 at 12:53 pm #3806967

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

They are not visble in the English product page backend...

This is the scenario:
- you create a product in default site language
- translate it using Advanced Translation Editor (which it based on your screenshots)
- you should not open these translations directly through standard WordPress editing screen because Advanced Translation Editor is an external system that has its own translation memory

The "under translation" products are visble on the site front end but as "untranslated"

I am not sure what this means exactly, though. If they are untranslated, how can they show up in the frontend of the site, can you show me a screenshot?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 14, 2019 at 1:42 pm #3807477

louisB-13

Hi,

here are front end captures of one of product catégory (drinks / water)where I am facing the problem

French (default language)

and English "partially" translated - one of the products was translated ok the other ones not

The backen product page Franch show 3 products - with 2 awaiting for translation while the English product page shows only ONE product!

I have used the exact process you descibe and this has worked for many products as you can check on page hidden link (french) and hidden link (english).

Thanks

LB

May 14, 2019 at 2:26 pm #3808157

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

In order to debug this issue further quickly, would you be willing to provide me with temporary WordPress admin username so I could investigate the issue directly? I have marked your next reply private so you can safely add this information.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Please make a full backup of your site before sharing this info!

You can use plugins such as UpdraftPlus WordPress Backup Plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/) or ask your host to perform a site backup.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 15, 2019 at 7:33 am #3813167

louisB-13

Hi,

I have created a NEW product in my main language (French), I have performed translation and ... still the same problem. Traanslation apears as incomplete.

Thanks

LB

May 15, 2019 at 7:48 am #3813397

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I cloned the site on my localhost and performed various sets of tests there, but I can see the issue as well. Nothing I tried worked so I asked our 2nd tier to check this further. I will keep you posted!

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 15, 2019 at 12:51 pm #3816591

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

When we try to login again into the site, we get "Désolé, vous n’avez pas l’autorisation d’accéder à cette page."

Can you check this and grant us access?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 15, 2019 at 1:03 pm #3816667

louisB-13

Access restored

May 15, 2019 at 2:17 pm #3817561

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

This has been escalated to our 2nd Tier team and may take some debugging time, I'll get back to you as soon as I have any news or questions for you.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 22, 2019 at 6:55 am #3861621

louisB-13

Hi, where are we? Have you a fix fir this problem?

Thanks

Louis

May 22, 2019 at 6:57 am #3861623

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

There are still no news from our 2nd tier - if there were, I would update this thread already.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

June 6, 2019 at 8:36 am #3967133

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

May I ask you to provide me with FTP admin access? There is something that our 2nd tier has tried and it seems to have resolved the issue on their local site clones, so I would like to try the same on your website. Please make a full backup of your side before providing this info.

I have marked your next reply is private so you can safely add these credentials.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

June 7, 2019 at 9:39 am #3975303

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I've applied a suggested workaround that worked for our 2nd tier. Can you try for example creating a new product and translating it now - is it working in the scenario in which it didn't work before?

If it works, can you check with other products were issue was happening? Let me know how it goes, as have made a direct change in one of the core translation management files.

Regards,
Bruno Kos