This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by alanS-4 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
May 15, 2018 at 11:10 am

alanS-4

I am trying to: Translate some text in Divi from English to Welsh

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Some Welsh Language

Instead, I got: English Language

Hello, your translation plugin has worked great so far and I am very impressed with it so far. I have encountered 1 problem though with a particular section that doesn't seem to translate (as in the above url). See attached images... I have cut and pasted the text back in and then saved it, refreshed the page and also tried it on my phone, but it seems not to change language. Duplicator is installed so please feel free to make a backup...

May 16, 2018 at 5:15 pm #2161789

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Thank you for contacting the WPML support forum.

I've fixed this issue on your site. Please see attached screenshot cy-is-ok.jpg
I've checked the Strings Translation and searched for this string, and then I've found that this string is showing twice in this strings package (page-builder-shortcode-strings-241). I'm not sure why it was showing twice but one instance was translated, and the other one was not. Please see attached screenshot 2-strings.jpg. So I simply copied the translation from the from one instance to the other checked the 'Translation is complete' checkbox and pressed the 'Save' button, and now it is OK.

Can you please confirm that now the string is translated?

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 21, 2018 at 9:15 am #2199914

alanS-4

Great support... Thanks!