This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 8 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
February 7, 2019 at 4:28 pm #3171323

steffiS

I am trying to: make translations visible

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: the english page, however it got disconnected and the english version is not seen as a translation of the german anymore. both exist but are not linked together.

Instead, I got: two single pages on the mainpage ... i canot read the english page by the language switcher and I keep having unseen translations under the menu Aktivitäten > activities ... I increased the wordpress memory space but I cant help.

February 8, 2019 at 6:11 pm #3176549

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking. Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

hidden link

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

February 11, 2019 at 12:17 pm #3182779

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Steffi,

Thank you for the login information. The homepage is not translated into English yet. Please translate the Homepage and make sure you are getting the expected result in the homepage or not. Check the attached image for more details

Please make a minor edit in the *aktivitaeten* page(to refresh the translation settings), then update the English translation and check the issue is existing or not. Maybe it will be happening because of the translation sync issues.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

February 11, 2019 at 2:58 pm #3183623

steffiS

Dear Bigul, thank you for your help.
I could restore the mainpage in englisch. It was already there and didn't needed to be created. I copied the content from the existing into the "new" translation. Why the main page got dislinked/sperated from the german original is a mystery.
Another mystery is, that under activities the two paragraphs whose translation was not online visible also lost the english contetn ... so now we have to translate two paragraphs again. This happend so many times now .. always at differnt locations at the side and we do not know when or why the translations disappear. ... we once had a complete translated page. so if you can help to locate the english content in the missing parts that would be very helpful as we do now have got a saved copy in this case.
Many thanks, Steffi

February 11, 2019 at 7:17 pm #3185163

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Steffi,

Thank you for the feedback. This may be a compatibility conflict. So please check you can reproduce the issue with a new page.

Also please share with me the WordPress debug.log (not WPML debug information) for further information. Please check this page for instructions https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings 
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
@ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

// Use dev versions of core JS and CSS files (only needed if you are modifying these core files)
define( 'SCRIPT_DEBUG', true );

In this case, the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the */wp-content/* directory. Please do the steps to reproduce the bug and check you are getting any errors or warning related to WPML in the log file.

If you can paste your debug.log to http://pastebin.com/index.php and provide me that link it would be great! (This is the cleanest way because sometimes the logs are long and create a complete mess of discussion).

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] translation not visible’ is closed to new replies.