Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Osama Mersal 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
September 30, 2021 at 7:59 pm #9699333

michaelB-205

Hello,

Already opened 2 tickets and chat closed due to inactivity. Please follow up on these 2 items and let's solve this.

Include this mail in mail sending

urosh.belgrade@gmail.com

October 1, 2021 at 11:48 am #9703199

michaelB-205

Below is transcript of the chat:
String translation is not showing with custom theme

WPML Support Bot : Hi, before assigning your chat to Bobby, please describe in details, what is happening - note that there are buttons below that can help you add debug information, screenshots and more.

Please note: this chat will close automatically if we don\'t hear from you after 5 minutes. If your issue takes longer to type out, you can simply reply with a \'Hi\' to keep the chat open.
michaelB-205 : Hello,
michaelB-205 :
just few moments

michaelB-205 : Okay, I am providing all data from dev here

michaelB-205 : Dev has translated woocomerce plugin text using WPML theme and plugin translation see: hidden link but he has noticed that translate is not working on any string translation of theme and plugin text.

I had attached a support debug information.
michaelB-205 : I am also providing this as a relevant info

michaelB-205 :
Example:
1) Translation Status is Completed see:hidden link
2) Here is text see: hidden link
3) Here is page there that\'s not working with translation: hidden link

This is not only text, it\'s applied to all text from theme and plugins.
Bobby : Hello, looks like your previous ticket was closed automatically. If possible give me some time to review it so I can get caught up 🙂
michaelB-205 : Okay, in previous ticket I shared less details then here

michaelB-205 : But sure.
michaelB-205 : Let me know.
Bobby : yes, thank you just reviewing everything
is your theme you are using custom?
michaelB-205 : Yes, it\'s custom theme.
Bobby : Please go to WPML->String Translation and search for \"Your Cart\" share with me your results, are there more than one results if so share a screenshot with me
Bobby : Also please do note that our support is limited when it comes to custom work and custom themes, but I will try to point you in the right direction as much as I can
michaelB-205 : just one moment

Bobby : haelf is your theme\'s name?
michaelB-205 : Yes

Bobby : Click on the pencil to make sure it\'s translated (im sure it is)
Bobby : then enable Look for strings while pages are rendered
Bobby : at the bottom of the page, and view the front end again
michaelB-205 : okay, what should I view on frontend?
Bobby : the page where the string shows Your Cart
michaelB-205 : Yep, it\'s translated

michaelB-205 : So suggestion for this is to go through all of the problematic strings and do it in same manner?
Bobby : no this is a global feature but it only lasts for so long
Bobby : Once it is deactivated you will need to ensure that the translation still shows
Bobby : Is it possible to have your dev share with you the way the string has been wrapped in a gettext call ? Is he using __()
michaelB-205 : not sure
michaelB-205 : lemme ask

michaelB-205 : Okay

michaelB-205 : I am updating you here

michaelB-205 : Can you share maybe additional details now for this?

October 1, 2021 at 11:51 am #9703273

michaelB-205

Details of flow that's not working with string translation
Step 1) see:hidden link
Step 2) see:hidden link
Step 3) see:hidden link see still in UK.
dev also tried with esc_html_e( 'Email Address', 'haelffooter' );

Let me know additional steps

October 3, 2021 at 9:32 am #9710603

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting WPML forums support. I'll be glad to help you today.

Sorry for the late reply. I've checked the footer, and the string seems to be translated. (Kindly check the attached screenshot)

If the string is not translated correctly, could you please let me know where to check it in the front end and the theme files? Also, I would need to take a closer look at your site. So I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP)
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

Your next answer will be private, which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme and to change configurations on the site if needed. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

✙ I also need your permission to take a local copy of your site to debug the issue without affecting your live site.

Thanks for your cooperation

Regards,
Osama

1.jpg
October 4, 2021 at 12:31 pm #9716119

michaelB-205

I can provide only wp-admin and not FTP access, as I need static IP to the domain provider to be submitted and upon submitting to ask them to give access to you based on this IP. If you can provide this we can share details from our end.

We have a backup of site.

In addition to this translation only working when this field is enabled (Look for strings while pages are rendered) Can you tell me why?

October 4, 2021 at 12:37 pm #9716225

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

If you could provide the WordPress dashboard access to the test site, that would be great to check why it's working only when the "Look for strings while pages are rendered" option is enabled.

If you could share the access details, would it be possible to share a duplicator package of your site?

I've checked the footer now, and it's working, is the option enabled now?

Thanks,
Osama

The topic ‘[Closed] Translation not working’ is closed to new replies.