This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Fusion global button is not translated.

Solution:

1. In Fusion Builder -> Library translate the button.

2. Update the page where you added the button.

3. Now update the translation of that page.

Now things should work correctly.

Relevant Documentation:

https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/using-wpml-with-the-avada-theme/#translate-fusion-builder-global-elements

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by pietroc-9 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
May 11, 2019 at 3:45 pm

pietroc-9

I am trying to: translate a button that before was connected to a modal and it is no more. this button currently is global.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: clicking on book now, I would expect to see opened the external website to manage the booking

Instead, I got: the old modal.

additional info: When I try to translate it on wordpress, it gets me back to the modal and not to the button. I tried also to create a new button, same problem.

I can give you the log in acess.

May 12, 2019 at 8:34 pm #3793883

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

First please make sure that this is not a cache issue. I can see that you are using a cache plugin (SG Optimizer). So please clear all the cache from your site and see if it helps.

Otherwise please be aware that there is a different way to translate the Fusion builder (Avada's page builder) global elements. It is described in our documentation here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/using-wpml-with-the-avada-theme/#translate-fusion-builder-global-elements
Have you followed those instructions and still it is not working for you?

Also please correct the following. By looking at the debug info that you have attached I can see that your server WP Memory Limit is set to 40M.
Our recommendations are to have the following as minimal requirements:
- PHP 5.6 and above (this OK with your installation) with a WP Memory Limit of at least 128MB and more if possible.
- MySQL 5.6 and above (this OK with your installation).
Please follow this link for detailed documentation:
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
Is it possible for you to change those to the minimum requirement?
You may need to contact your hosting provider for that.
Meeting those baseline requirements is most critical before starting to debug and sometimes solves issues like you experiencing.
Most important is to raise the WP Memory Limit.
Please try to raise it before you contact your hosting company.
You can try and do it from the wp-config.php file in your WordPress installation.
Insert this code in that file.

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Add it before this line:
/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Could you please perform those procedures and see if they help?

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 13, 2019 at 9:01 am #3796287

pietroc-9

thank you. I knew regarding the different way to translate global elements. I follow that but I have my issue there. the item I should translate is not the one that gets translated.

I followed all your advices, but the problem is still there.

May 14, 2019 at 1:41 pm #3807409

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

I've fixed this issue on your site. Here is what I did.
1. In Fusion Builder -> Library I could see two buttons elements (in not sure why).
2. One of them (the one that you are using on the page) was not fully translated (the translation was not finished). Please see the attached screenshot button-not-100.jpg
3. I've completed the translation to be 100% complete and saved.
4. Then I've updated the page itself, and I could see that also its translation is not updated. Please see the attached screenshot page-trans-not-100.jpg
Now when I check the English translation, I can see that the link is OK. Please see the attached screenshot lin-ext-ok.jpg.

Can you please confirm that this issue is solved now and mark this ticket as resolved?

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 14, 2019 at 1:49 pm #3807611

pietroc-9

Thank you very much! I do not know why, but i couldn't manage to translate the button in screenshot button-not-100.jpg.
when I was translating it, it was not connecting to it but to another element. I am very happy now the problem got solved, thanks.