This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
September 23, 2019 at 9:39 pm #4626737

John

I am trying to:

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link Click on $100 Gift Certificate.

I expected to see: Some of the field names in English (secondary language)

Instead, I got: Everything in French (default language)

I used Caldera Forms -- Translation. I selected the same language as the site locale for the secondary language (En_US. When I translate the form on the English side of WPML, I notice that the field names change also on the French side, which doesn't make sense to me. On the other hand, nothing changes in the displayed page, everything remains in French, which is doubly weird.

September 24, 2019 at 6:33 pm #4633597

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

I can see the issue on your site.

Both the Caldera Forms plugin by Caldera Labs and the Caldera Forms Translation plugin by CalderaWP LLC are not officially compatible with WPML. They are not on our list here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/
Not being on this list does not mean that it is not compatible; it just means we do not know yet if it is. But as it looks now, this might be a compatibility issue.

But since I think that the form is loading with Ajax, please check if the 'Store a language cookie to support language filtering for AJAX' is enabled. If not, then please enable it. Please read the full details on our documentation here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/enabling-language-cookie-to-support-ajax-filtering/

Also please correct the following. By looking at the debug info that you have attached I can see that your server WP Memory Limit is set to 40M.
Our recommendations are to have the following as minimal requirements:
- PHP 5.6 and above (this OK with your installation) with a WP Memory Limit of at least 128MB and more if possible.
- MySQL 5.6 and above.
Please follow this link for detailed documentation:
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
Is it possible for you to change those to the minimum requirement?
You may need to contact your hosting provider for that.
Meeting those baseline requirements is most critical before starting to debug and sometimes solves issues like you experiencing.
Most important is to raise the WP Memory Limit.
Please try to raise it before you contact your hosting company.
You can try and do it from the wp-config.php file in your WordPress installation.
Insert this code in that file.

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Add it before this line:
/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Could you please perform that procedure and see if it help?

Thanks,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Translation of Caldera forms not showing in secondary language’ is closed to new replies.