Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by wojciechT-3 5 hours, 55 minutes ago.

Assigned support staff: Izzi Hassan.

Author Posts
October 15, 2019 at 6:06 pm #4759689

wojciechT-3

Hi guys
I'm trying to translate my woocommerce shop attributes. I have color attributes. In english version everything is fine but in German I have some notices and not all colors are visible.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I've already setup copy parameter in configuration which should handle that but it doesn't work. You can see it in attached image (custom_fields.png). I need this to be working for my customer, so please help me to resolve that issue.

Best reagards,
Wojtek

October 16, 2019 at 6:42 am #4762427

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to WPML Support.

I took a quick look and as a first step, please try the following steps, as illustrated in the attached screenshot:

- Go to WPML -> Settings
- Scroll down to Taxonomies Translation
- Change the setting for Product Color (pa_color) to Translatable – use translation if available or fallback to original language
- Click the Save button

This should make WPML display the original language values for the "color" attribute as explained here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/displaying-untranslated-products-in-secondary-languages/#displaying-original-product-categories-tags-and-attributes

You may need to re-save your products to make the translated products update. There is a way to bulk update products as explained here:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/sync-product-attributes/#post-2949803

Please do let us know if this helps you resolve your issue, and don't hesitate to reach out again if you need further assistance with this topic!

October 16, 2019 at 2:14 pm #4766513

wojciechT-3

Hi
I've done what you said but it didn't resolve my issue. Here is video showing this behaviour hidden link

Wojtek

October 16, 2019 at 5:15 pm #4767747

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Hi,

I see that the translated attributes seem to be trying to load an icon instead of colors. I would like to take a look at your website without changing anything to see why that might be happening with the attribute set to copy.

Request for temporary access

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures
I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to back up the site before providing us access. If we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy
We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

IMPORTANT
Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.

If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC.

DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields.

If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this:
hidden link

October 21, 2019 at 12:03 pm #4794325

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Hi,

I've taken a detailed look and I can see that the translated attribute seems to be behaving normally. However, instead of being a "Color" swatch attribute, it is showing on the front end as a "Photo" swatch attribute.

I did notice that a lot of your plugins need an update. I would suggest updating everything as this may be a bug in one of your WooCommerce Addons. You can also try deleting this attribute and creating a new one, then assigning it to the products again.

Please do let us know if this helps you resolve your issue, and don't hesitate to reach out again if you need further assistance with this topic!

October 22, 2019 at 7:05 pm #4805117

wojciechT-3

Hi
I've just updated woocommerce and plugins but still no luck. Can you take a look again on this?

Wojtek

October 23, 2019 at 3:50 pm #4812977

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Hi,

I will reach out to our development team to take a look and see if this is a bug in one of our plugins or whether the error is coming from somewhere else.

I will reach out as soon as I have an update for you.

October 24, 2019 at 7:46 am #4816911

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Hi,

This appears to be a known compatibility issue with the WooCommerce Variation Color and Photo Swatch plugin that will be resolved in a future version of WooCommerce MultiLingual.

We are testing a workaround for it. I will update you here as soon as I have some steps for you to fix this.

November 11, 2019 at 12:08 pm #4924755

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Hi,

We've fixed the issue with the color attribute sync on WCML. I've uploaded the updated versions of WCML with the fix to your staging site. You can download it from your plugins folder to upload it to your live site.

Please delete the old WooCommerce Multilingual plugin folder and upload the new one, then update the product without any changes. Your color swatches will now work fine!

November 21, 2019 at 5:59 pm #4992107

wojciechT-3

Hi
I'm not sure what happened but this is not working. Can you take a look on this again? Also can you tell me what files have you updated?

Wojtek