This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.64 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcel 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
August 12, 2019 at 4:02 pm #4382167

melanieW-7

Hello Marcel,

Thank you for your patience with all my questions!

I only come to you with exceptions now, and I've stumbled upon one more.

The contact form (/contact) and testimonials don't appear for translation because I can't seem to get hold of it with the tag. The contact form also doesn't appear in Translation Management, as explained on this page: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/using-contact-form-7-with-wpml/ The testimonials do appear there, but have no fields to translate.

Can you help me with this one, too?

Many thanks,
Melanie

August 12, 2019 at 4:46 pm #4382481

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi Melanie,

#1 Contact Form:
You need to create a new translation job for the contact form. I did this now in the translation management dashboard. It was viewable in the dropdown selection (like Posts, Pages, ..): hidden link

#2 Testimonial:
Inside the Testimonials, you see on the bottom of the page "Multilingual Content setup". You need to change first the radio buttons from "Don't translate" to "Translate".

See hidden link
After this is done, you can translate like always: hidden link

Best Marcel

August 13, 2019 at 8:08 am #4385737

melanieW-7

Hi Marcel,

The testimonials are now translated, perfect - thank you!!

Concerning the contact form: the translation is complete, but the form and the feedback in case something goes wrong say Dutch on the English front-end.
Looking forward to learn the solution again 🙂

Best,
Melanie

August 14, 2019 at 3:14 pm #4396293

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi Melanie,

You can change the texts in both forms directly under the Tab "Berichten". Please see here: hidden link

Best Marcel