This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
February 6, 2019 at 1:53 pm

tomH-16

I am trying to translate the content of a custom field (type: wysiwyg editor) but switching from text view to visual view and back removes p tags. If I stay in text view or visual view and use spaces for paragraphs (no html tags), the spaces are removed on the front-end and all the paragraphs stick together in one paragraph. I can use p tags in the text view to have multiple paragraphs on the front-end but it's a lot of work for my client and when he switches to visual view all his work would be gone... So that's not a solution.

How can this be fixed? Is it a compatibility issue or a setting problem? Or a bug?

February 7, 2019 at 1:17 pm #3170368

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

Does it happen with an Advanced Custom Fields? We have released a new version of WPML(4.2). Which has improvements for the translation management. Please upgrade to the latest version after a full site backup and make sure you are still having the issue.

If you are still having the issue, please share me the URL of the post or page having the issue.

Maybe you are facing this issue because of compatibility conflicts. So to make sure if possible, please do the following steps.

a) Backup your site first
b) Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like 2017 or Impreza parent theme
c) Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML
d) If the issue is gone, activate the plugin one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue

--
Thanks!

Bigul

February 8, 2019 at 10:55 am #3174719

tomH-16

Hi Bigul,

It's hard to deactivate plugins and themes on a live website.
So you are sure that it should work fine by itself?
It's an advanced custom field indeed.

I'm doing a safe wpml update with manageWP now.

I'll let you know if it helps.

Thanks!

Anneleen

February 8, 2019 at 4:04 pm #3176112

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Anneleen,

Thank you for the updates. You can skip the deactivation of the plugins if there are any difficulties. It is requested as part of our troubleshooting.

We don't have known issues with ACF WYSIWYG field like this. So it requires further checking.

Please create a new post or page for testing after upgrading to WPML 4.2 and check the issue is existing. If you are still having the problem, please share with me the URL of the post/page having the issue.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] Translation of custom field wysiwyg editor not working well’ is closed to new replies.