Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: How can I show the custom field labels as translated in the backend of my site?

Solution: Please go to Profile -> Your Profile and in the language section, check the box to "Set admin language as editing language." Then, make sure these fields have been translated in WPML -> String Translation.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by lucM-5 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
May 16, 2018 at 6:16 am #2150001

lucM-5

I have created Custom Field (wp-types) named SALES PARTNER TYPE. This is a checkbox field, offering a choice between different values (see screenshot). (all of this has been done on a test site, for the time being).

Using WPML String Translation, I've translated these choices into Dutch & French, and these translations show up nicely on the frontend of the side (using wpml string shortcode).

However, the translated values of these choices do not seem to appear in the backend. In other words, when I am translating a specific sales partner into French or Dutch, the checkbox options are still presented in English. How can i have the French values appear here?

Other plugins (FacetWP, to be specific) therefore continue to pick up the English value, rather than translated values.

As a side note: custom taxonomy translations correctly appear as translations in the backend. That is on more reason why I am puzzled about the backend behavior of translations for custom fields.

Luc

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

May 17, 2018 at 4:09 pm #2179346

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-05:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

Please go to Profile -> Your Profile and in the language section, check the box to "Set admin language as editing language." Then, make sure these fields have been translated in WPML -> String Translation.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue for you.

May 17, 2018 at 4:28 pm #2179747

lucM-5

Thanks, Lauren

That works.