This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
June 18, 2019 at 6:30 am #4040697

christophS-41

Hi,

we are using WPML to translate our website (German/English). However, after trying to translate it, now the Footer appears in English everywhere - instead of German on the german pages and english on the english pages.

Any ideas for this?

Thank you in advance.

June 18, 2019 at 6:43 am #4040735

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. To take a closer look on this issue, please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your site (preferably staging site), so that I can look into your setup and debug the issue.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Thank you

June 20, 2019 at 6:56 am #4057053

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

I have just installed WPML String Translation plugin in your site and footer starts showing correctly in each language as you can see in the attached screenshot.

Could you please check and confirm?

Thank you