This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
October 3, 2018 at 11:49 am #2784426

susanD-6

Hello,

We have a floating bar on our website builded using Floating Social (by WPMU DEV ).

This plugin allows to put some code on the bar. We add links to other website and translate for each language to have different links (FR website linked to a FR website, DE to a german website, etc.).

The created fields are not displayed on the string translation list. We use the Translation management to search the string but the strings we need are not displayed.

In the Database we have in WP_OPTIONS table :

(696, 'wdsb', 'a:29:{s:8:"services";a:4:{i:0;a:2:{s:4:"name";s:4:"Mail";s:4:"code";s:165:"<a class="fs_mail" href="hidden link" target="_blank"><span class="icon-mail"></span></a>";}i:1;a:2:{s:4:"name";s:5:"Place";s:4:"code";s:103:"<a href="hidden link"><span class="icon-place"></span></a>";}i:2;a:2:{....

In the previous DB extrat, the 2 data strings we have to translate are:

- "<a href="hidden link"><span class="icon-place"></span></a>"

- "<a class="fs_mail" href="hidden link" target="_blank"><span class="icon-mail"></span></a>"

Best regards,

alain

October 5, 2018 at 8:02 am #2789813

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Alain,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

In some cases, it is possible that those strings have been recognized but not associated yet to the String Translation panel for the translation. Please try the following steps after a backup and let me know your feedback.

1) Please increase the *MaxInputVars* of PHP settings to *10000*. Please check the following article for more details or contact your system admin/hosting provider for this purpose. Because we need this configuration if we have more strings.

hidden link

2) Visit WPML>>String Translation
3) Click on the blue link at the bottom of the page: "Translate texts in admin screens »"
4) Look for an option similar to "floating_social", or something like that. Here you should find all the strings associated with your plugin options.
5) Check the checkbox for your strings of interest.
6) Click on the button "Apply"(at the bottom of the page)
7) Now, all your selected strings should appear in the String Translation panel and you can translate those strings

Please check the following documentation for more details.

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#admin_texts

--
Thanks!

Bigul

October 10, 2018 at 11:43 am #2804029

susanD-6

Hello,

We followed your solution (see image 1) and the two strings are properly displayed in String list. We performed the translation but unfortunatly this is not used in front

The attached image 2 shows the translations of one string which translations are not used in front.

Best regards,

Alain

October 10, 2018 at 4:02 pm #2805159

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Alain,

Thank you for the updates. Please let me know the exact steps to reproduce the issue on the front end of the site for a better understanding.

Also please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking. Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

hidden link

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

October 11, 2018 at 3:58 pm #2809061

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Alain,

Thank you for the login information. Sorry, I am not able to reproduce the issue exactly on your site. Therefore please let me know the exact steps to reproduce the issue on your site.

Please visit WPML>>Languages>>Language filtering for AJAX operations, then enable the *Store a language cookie to support language filtering for AJAX* option and check the issue is existing or not.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

October 12, 2018 at 10:07 am #2811563

susanD-6

Hello,

On the front site, the floating icons are located on the right side. When changing language, the link associated to the 2 first icons are the ones of the english language.

In BO, the translations had been made with WPML string translation. The 2 string to translate are (domain/name):

- admin_texts_wdsb > [wdsb][services][0]code
- admin_texts_wdsb > [wdsb][services][1]code

These 2 strings had been found using your procedure (going to "Translate texts in admin screens »).

We translated these two string and their status are "Translation completed" but in front it's always the english contend displayed whaterver the selected language.

Best regards,

Alain

October 12, 2018 at 4:46 pm #2812654

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Alain,

Thank you for the details. Maybe you are facing this issue because of compatibility conflicts. So to make sure if possible, please do the following steps.

a) Backup your site first
b) Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like 2017
c) Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML
d) If the issue is gone, activate the plugin one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue

If you are still having the issue, please allow me to make a duplicator copy of your site using the Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] Translation of Floating Social (by WPMU DEV )’ is closed to new replies.