This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by yvonneS-4 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
June 19, 2019 at 11:04 pm #4055257

yvonneS-4

I created several contact forms in German with WPforms. Eg on the HOME on bottom is a contact form. When I switch to English I would have the fields in English. Do I create a new form in English and insert it there instead of the German one? It gives me an error message not to edit, so I am not sure.

June 20, 2019 at 6:25 am #4056873

Dennis

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

I think you don't have to create a separate form for English language. Do you use a shortcode to display a form to a page?

You should be able to translate WPForms using WPML > String Translation page.

To translate the plugin strings, Please try the following steps:

-go to WPML > Theme and plugins localization. Be sure that 'Translate themes and plugins using WPML's String Translation only (don't load .mo files)' is selected.
-under Strings in the plugin section, select WPForms plugin.
-click 'Scan selected plugins for strings'
-go to WPML > String Translation
-find and translate the string. check 'translation is complete' . click 'save'

If you still can't find the string, It could be that these strings are stored in the admin texts.

Please go to WPML > String Translation and scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the link "Translate texts in admin screens »". Then, scroll through that page and see if you find the the string. If so, tick the checkbox and click Apply to add it to the String Translation table. Now you can go back to WPML > String Translation and you should see the string added there.

Please check our documentation about this:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#admin_texts

Does it help? Please let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Dennis

June 20, 2019 at 4:18 pm #4061433

yvonneS-4

I cannot find the strings. There are 400+ strings for WPforms, but non show in German. The forms I want to translate are in German.
So I entered one Word into "search strings" the word is "FIRMA". It is one word used in one of the forms. But when I search it it doesn't come up. Neither does any of the other words I used in the forms. eg Projektbeschreibung/Nachricht

Thanks

June 21, 2019 at 1:28 am #4063725

Dennis

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Have you tried looking for those strings using 'Translate texts in admin screens »' as I have suggested on my previous message? If not, could you please try it?

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#admin_texts

If you still can't find those strings, I would like to request temporary access (/wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. Your next reply will be set to private.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally to continue debugging and escalate if necessary. For this I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Please confirm if this okay with you.

Our Debugging Procedures
I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to BACKUP the site before providing us access.

Privacy and Security Policy
We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Kind regards,
Dennis

July 6, 2019 at 6:18 pm #4156263

yvonneS-4

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!