This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by martaM-13 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Otto.

Author Posts
February 1, 2018 at 9:19 am #1503727

martaM-13

Hello,
I'm trying to translate the homepage with Hestia Free theme and Orbit Fox plugin which are handled by the customizer. I can't figure out where the content should be translated since there's no translation link nor it appears among the strings after theme and plugin localization.
I'm afraid I should upgrade to Hestia Pro (which would be quite odd and non functional); I also opened a ticket in Hestia free forum and I'm waiting an answer but in the meanwhile I wanted to ask you if you already had this issue and if there's a solution.

Also I wanted to take the chance to ask another thing about the string translation: I know that they should be added to the template files in english and then translated in other languages (my first language is italian and the translation language would be english) and that is what I did but I was wondering if that should be done also with the taxonomy and cpt original name in functions.php. Infact, actually I have the original name of taxonomy in italian but WPML consider that the english version.

Thanks in advance for the help you will provide

February 2, 2018 at 1:40 pm #1505398

Otto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML support!

Please apologie for the delay in answering. This is not usual in this forum. I'll take care of your ticket and reply time will be shorter from now.

In order to translate theme options you need to follow these steps:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/

Let me know if this helps.

For the other question, for support rules, we are able to handle only one issue at the time. This helps us to bring you a better service and also help other users to find all the information here exposed. For that reason, I have to kindly ask you to open a new thread if you need further assistance.

You will be able to assign the new ticket directly to me if that's what you prefer.

Kind Regards,

Otto

February 2, 2018 at 1:54 pm #1505421

martaM-13

Hi Otto, thanks for your answer. I knew already that way of translating theme and I tried that out, but unfortunately it's not enough, infact there's no way to retrieve the content of the Hestia free customizer in order to translate it.
That's because front page sections built through Hestia Free + Orbit Fox plugin cutomizers are not translatable ready (in the meanwhile I was able to make sure of this irritating fact). I should upgrade to Hestia PRO in order to be able to translate homepage. I frankly find this awkward and annoying. So I decided to disable Hestia customizer and build the homepage by myself, making sections through translatable pages and strings.
Thanks anyway, have a good day.