This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by cristinaG-15 2 years, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
April 16, 2018 at 3:16 am #1639754

cristinaG-15

Hello

For some of my pages I have used Iconbox from the WPBakery Page builder. But, when I go to translate these pages I can only translate the title.

Where the main body of the text (and icons)should be I can only see a line like this:

field-slide-template default

So the translations are just titles with blank content.

Thanks

April 17, 2018 at 6:21 am #1654277

Ankit

Hi,

For better assistance, I would request you to kindly share the debug information of your website. For more information on same, please refer: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Could you please do following for me?

- Make a full backup of the site.

- Flush all cache memory.

- Go to WPML -> Translation Management -> Custom XML Configuration tab -> Paste the content of this link: hidden link -> Click on Save button.

- Go to WPML -> Theme and Plugins Localization -> Re-scan Visual Composer.

- Once this is done, please make a small change to the original language post and update it.

Please let me know if this solved the issue.

Kind regards,
Ankit

April 17, 2018 at 2:19 pm #1662571

cristinaG-15

Hello,

I enclose the debug information but please note that as for making a full backup of the site, I have not done this because my server keeps security copies so I don´t think I need this (even if I knew how to do it) and I don´t know either how to flush all cache memory.

Thanks

April 18, 2018 at 1:25 pm #1675118

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hello Cristina,

I am Noman from WPML support. I am going to takeover this ticket as Ankit is not available now. I am going to look into the details and issue. I will get back to you shortly with my findings.

Thank you for your patience.

April 18, 2018 at 1:42 pm #1675319

Noman
Supporter

Hi Cristina,

I have noticed that your website’s WP Memory Limit is 40MB. The WP memory limit needs to be increased, it's different than php memory. PHP memory is fine but WordPress uses 40MB as default in your site. Minimum requirements for WPML are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

- Please add this to the top of wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/* WP Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Please delete the translated page and again add translation.

- If still issue persists, please check for a possible theme and plugin conflict. To do that you can switch back to any default theme (e.g. Twenty Sixteen theme), Disable all plugins except WPML and see if this issue goes away with default theme and only WPML activated?

Thank you

April 18, 2018 at 8:05 pm #1679411

cristinaG-15

Hi Noman,

What is the path in WordPress to get to wp-config.php´?
I am not a developer.
Do you do remote assistance?

Cristina

April 19, 2018 at 8:16 am #1684381

Noman
Supporter

Hi Cristina,

The wp-config.php file is usually located in the root folder of your website with other folders like /wp-content/ as you can see in attached screenshot.

Yes, please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your site – preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible, so that I can look into your setup and try to solve this issue.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important

Thank you

April 19, 2018 at 6:24 pm #1700868

cristinaG-15

Hello Noman,

Thank you for doing this.
My server does backups of website and database. (I would not know how to do one myself).

My site is not live yet so I guess what I am working on is a test site? But if you need to replicate it somewhere please go ahead.
You also have my permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site.

I have not increased the size of the memory, you´ll probably do a better job than me.

[login_removed]

On my website there are 3 pages that use iconbox, if you go to the one called ‘Services for organisers’ and look for the translation to Español you will see there is no option to translate the text from the English Iconbox

In case you need to phone me the number is +34 977 658913

Regards,
Cristina

April 20, 2018 at 8:38 am #1717727

Noman
Supporter

Hi Cristina,

Iconbox VC element was not WPML compatible. Here are WPBakery Page Builder modules that are supported by WPML and will automatically be displayed on the Translator Editor page:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/page-builders/#supported-modules

And here is guide how to make custom VC element WPML translation editor compatible:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-integration-with-page-builders-that-use-shortcodes/
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/

I have followed similar steps that describe in above documentation and added following code in WPML >> Custom XML Configuration section:

<wpml-config>
    <shortcodes>
        <shortcode>
            <tag>iconbox</tag>
            <attributes>
                <attribute>title</attribute>
            </attributes>
        </shortcode>
    </shortcodes>
</wpml-config>

And now you can edit iconbox content from translation editor as you can see in attached screenshots.

Thank you

April 23, 2018 at 3:55 pm #1773149

cristinaG-15

Hello Noman,

That shortcode you added has worked and I have been successful in translating all pages that had Iconbox.

However, I am now encountering the same problem with a page that has a combination of 'Buttons' and 'Image Gallery', which according to the list you provided are WP Bakery Page Builder modules that are compatible with WPML.

Could you please access again my site and have a look at the page entitled ´Why Tarragona?'

Thanks,
Cristina

April 24, 2018 at 8:03 am #1781709

Noman
Supporter

Hi Cristina,

Happy to hear your Iconbox issue is got resolved. All modules that are inside S&E tab are custom modules that are included by theme author as you can see in attached screenshot. Gallery module is also custom build module that’s why it is not showing automatically in translation editor. I recommend you to ask theme author to make it fully compatible with WPML.

If you have any other issue related to WPML then please open a new ticket for each issue and we would be happy to help. This will help other users with similar problems to find solutions when searching the forum, We do not handle multiple issues in one same ticket as per support policy.
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/

Thank you

May 2, 2018 at 3:58 pm #1938276

cristinaG-15

Hello,

I am having issues again with Iconbox in the Simple and Elegant theme.

I decided to rearrange the order of the icons When I updated the translations, the text did not follow the new order of the icons, so now the icon for telephone number, shows email address and so on.

I have created a test page with 4 quick icons and translated it and that was fine. I made a small change to the icons (not the text)- and when updating the translation the changes appear in one of the translation languages but not in the other.

Thanks

May 7, 2018 at 9:12 am #2006763

Noman
Supporter

Hi Cristina,

I have checked the test page and Iconbox shortcode attributes, those icon attributes are not seems to be WPML compatible from code. Can you please ask theme author to make the shortcode WPML compatible.

Thank you

May 7, 2018 at 9:45 am #2007546

cristinaG-15

Hi Noman,
I have raised this and other issues with the author but I am still waiting for him to have a look at it.

I don´t think it is totally up to me to tell him to make it fully compatible with WPLM as in your own site you list it as a theme that is compatible with WPLM and that it has been tested by your team
https://wpml.org/theme/simple-elegant/

I would consider that as a guarantee usually and I bought it in good faith from the seller as being compatible.

If you could review with the authors and if you decide it is not compatible with WPLM anymore, please let me know and update your website. I would be seeking a refund.

Thanks,

Cristina