Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by melissaK-2 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
October 5, 2019 at 7:53 am

melissaK-2

Hello I am trying to translate my website in German

and on the home page I have a section with "Must Have items" and the name of the images wont translate as the sections in french and english.

it display "DSC7836" I tried to remove the images, to insert the names myself, I have translated the name of the images but nothing works.

Could you help please, the site will be online tomorrow.

Another thing is my legal mention in french wont translate either.

Please could you help thank you

Melissa Kerr

October 7, 2019 at 6:21 am #4704427

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hey Melissa,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

Can you close the other ticket opened with the same question (https://wpml.org/fr/forums/topic/translation-of-images-in-german/) so we can keep the discussion on this one, please?

Can you tell me if you managed to sort this out, please? I'm asking for this because I had a look at both French and German homepages and the text under the images is no longer DSC7836.

Thanks,
Radu

October 8, 2019 at 5:54 pm #4717493

melissaK-2

Yes but I have another bigger problem.
My single product template in french and german wont appear on my shop.

As they both existed it seems like they disappeared

October 9, 2019 at 9:34 am #4721329

melissaK-2

Hello,

Sorry but my issue is still not resolved and it is urgent as I am putting my website online soon.

My single product template in english wont duplicate in DE and FR when I translate it with WPML.

They used to exist and now the single product pages in FR and DE are empty. Whereas my woocommerce product descriptions are translated in french but not in german yet.

What can I do to solve this? Where does the problem come from?

Please could you kindly help,

Best regards,

Melissa Kerr

October 10, 2019 at 12:38 pm #4730363

melissaK-2

Never had any answer

October 10, 2019 at 12:45 pm #4730407

Radu
Supporter

Hey Melissa,

I checked your website and I was writing the response the moment you closed the ticket.

I looked a the template that you created for the English products, and I could see that the French template does not contain any element. I just edited it, added only the title, and it's displayed fine: hidden link. Can you have a look and tell me if the title is displayed for you too, please?

Thanks,
Radu

October 10, 2019 at 12:52 pm #4730459

Radu
Supporter

Hey Melissa,

I just added all the other elements to the French template. Please check the translation of the product and tell me if you can see now the content of the French product.

Thanks,
Radu

October 10, 2019 at 1:06 pm #4730697

melissaK-2

Yes but normally I dont have to put the elements myself.

It is WPML who duplicates the EN templates and applies the translation.

The problem is if I add myself all the elements it wont look the same as my EN template.

Because Ihave cussomized all the elements and I wouldnt be able to do the same anymore.

Can you see why the WPML plugin doesnt duplicate the EN template as it did in the past?
in the french version when you go inside there is a black error message coming.

Best regards,

Melissa Kerr

October 10, 2019 at 5:21 pm #4733169

melissaK-2

No solution, I have been waiting two days