Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: User was not able to translate the footer area of his theme Solution: The footer text is a theme option, and can be translated using an XML configuration or using String Translation->Translating admin texts. See images attached. Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by m.-carmenS-2 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
April 10, 2019 at 2:24 pm

m.-carmenS-2

I am trying to:

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

Hello,
I have problems with the translation in the footer.
To the right I have 4 links. For the translation I went to " Translate texts in admin screens ". There I translated the text of each link and each URL. It works strangely: for example if I click on the Spanish language, the text of the links keep appearing in English and the URL also takes you to English. If I click on Spanish again, then it does appear in Spanish.
Inside "theme options" in the footer I can only put one language.
Can you help me, please?
Thank you
Best regards
Xavi

April 10, 2019 at 4:19 pm #3578475

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

I was unable to access the dashboard, encountering a 502 error. See attached image. Can you double check that the links and password are working .

Please, also, confirm that we are talking about the links in the attached screenshot. If this is not the case, please provide more details, or a screenshot so i can understand what is the issue.

Looking forward to you reply.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

April 10, 2019 at 11:22 pm #3581909

m.-carmenS-2

Hello Jamal,

the problem was that it was not possible to access to web administration from Morocco. Now is OK. you can try again.
The attached screen shot is correct. They are the links and also the text.
I tried also to change directly from the footer on the options theme but it's not possible.
Thank you.
Credentials moved to private message

April 11, 2019 at 9:17 am
April 11, 2019 at 11:55 am #3586929

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the access. I found the cause of the issue. The footer links are defined as theme options and must be set as translatable in admin texts. See this article on translating theme options.
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/

See attached image before settings the links as translatable. Then they are available for translation WPMl->String Translation under the domain admin_texts_sohohotel_data, see attached image.

Let me know if you still need assistance with this issue. If you need assistance with other issue, please create a new ticket and we will do our best to help you.

Best regards,
Jamal

April 14, 2019 at 7:03 pm #3608529

m.-carmenS-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!