Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by svenA-8 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
May 29, 2019 at 9:22 am #3913871

svenA-8

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I've "re-formated" whole website and have several pages not published (Draft).

Q1: Do I translate all pages when status draft or do I need to publish all before translating
Q2: When wanting to translate pages I don't recognise it from originally when translated the pages (see screen shot joined). When clicking on + for translation am getting the joined image where I'm prompted to translate Title and then a whole "Body" with images and text etc? Originally when translated the site first time WPML translation management or CMS asked me to translate every section separate.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

hidden link (but pages in question are not published yet)

May 29, 2019 at 1:55 pm #3916223

svenA-8

Sorry, I'm still having issues and still not having a message that even a supporter been looking at the issue. What is normal response time for WPML?

May 30, 2019 at 5:17 am #3920459

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support. I'd be assisting you further on this issue.

I am sorry for the late reply, this is not usual here.

Q1: Do I translate all pages when status draft or do I need to publish all before translating

You can translate the pages and set the status of the pages/posts afterward. It does not need to set the pages as published before translating.

Q2: When wanting to translate pages I don't recognize it from originally when translated the pages (see screenshot joined). When clicking on + for translation am getting the joined image where I'm prompted to translate Title and then a whole "Body" with images and text etc? Originally when translated the site first-time WPML translation management or CMS asked me to translate every section separately.

Could you please follow the below steps and let me know if this helps:

1) Make the translation as complete (100%)
2) Now go to the default language and update the post.
3) Send the post to translation again, this should show all the updated items.

Note: If the steps above don't work, I request you to add something dummy text on the default language and update the translation, this should show the body section separately.
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-the-translation-editor/

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

June 2, 2019 at 9:36 am #3937069

svenA-8

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!