Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by andreyO 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
February 6, 2018 at 8:57 am #1508144

andreyO

Hello,

I use translation management to translate pages, which are created using WPBakery Page Builder.

Howerver in translation management view I don't get any images to be translated.
I use links on images and those links in translations are leading to the pages in original language. I don't want to translate pages directly, since there is no way to combine both translations methods.

I'm using latest versions of WPML plugins

BR,
Andrey

February 7, 2018 at 4:55 pm #1510385

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi, Andrey.

Could please tell me which element of the WPBakery Page Builder, are you using to implement this?
Are using the Single Image element with an external link?
Please see attached screenshot.
How can I replicate this issue?

Sometimes screen-shots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit, so if you like, make use of “upload an image” below the comment area.

Regards,
Itamar.

February 7, 2018 at 9:22 pm #1510643

andreyO

Hello Itmar,

sorry, I forgot to include some sreenshots.
Yes, I meant single image element but with "On click action" set to "open custom link", and relative link leading to one of the pages.

So do the following:
create new page (I did it in german)
add single image element
image source -> Media Library
select image from media library
set "On click action" to "open custom link"
set image link to relative path, leading to one of the pages e.g. "/produktion/feurich-wien/"
save
(I added also text element, otherwise translation management shows me complete page builer codes to be translated)
publish page

On click action works fine
translate page using translation management ( I translated it into english). I got only text elemet to be translated.
Got to View Page in german language, link on the image leads to the correct page
Switch to translated page (english). Link on the image leads to german language.

Screenshots attached
BR,
Andrey

February 8, 2018 at 8:28 pm #1512114

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for the explanations.

The Single Image element shortcode (vc_single_image) is missing from our wpml-config.xml file. This shortcode with its 'link' attribute can be added here WPML -> Translation Management -> Multilingual Content Setup -> Custom XML Configuration (tab).

<wpml-config>
    <shortcodes>
        <shortcode>
            <tag>vc_single_image</tag>
            <attributes>
                <attribute>link</attribute>
            </attributes>
        </shortcode>
    </shortcodes>
</wpml-config>

Please add this code and then go to the discussed page and make a small change (add a comma for example) and updated. Then edit the translation, and the link should be available there for translation.

Please let me know if it is working for you.

Thanks,
Itamar.

February 8, 2018 at 9:19 pm #1512162

andreyO

Thanx, Itmar!
you save my day!