This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Attribute translation management breaks when dealing with thousands of terms

Solution: This issue is happening when we have many terms for the taxonomies. Our developers are currently working on this issue. As a workaround for now, please add the following code in the wp-config.php file after a backup.

define('WPML_TAXONOMY_TRANSLATION_MAX_TERMS_RESULTS_SET', '5000');

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by steveK-18 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
September 29, 2018 at 6:47 am #2775414

steveK-18

Hi,

While I was working on the taxonomy string page, it was fine for the beginning product categories. Suddenly, I have clicked "+" to open term translation editor and translated product categories to 2nd language. But the second flag column is still displayed "+" icon, not a "pencil" icon. I found that was lost the synchronize, please see attached for your information.

Thanks and Best regards.

October 1, 2018 at 3:08 pm #2778587

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

This may be happening when you have many terms for the taxonomies. Our developers are currently working on this issue. As a workaround for now, please add the following code in your wp-config.php file after a backup and make sure the issue is existing or not.

define('WPML_TAXONOMY_TRANSLATION_MAX_TERMS_RESULTS_SET', '5000');

--
Thanks!

Bigul

October 4, 2018 at 3:28 pm #2787954

steveK-18

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!