This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
September 14, 2018 at 6:59 pm

bjoernG

I am trying to: Translate product categories

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see: a translation of all categories

Instead, I got: only partly translations

Also i added a new product category: Aqua Illumination. This one simply isnt visable in WooCommerce Multilingual ---> Categories

September 16, 2018 at 6:36 pm #2739099

bjoernG

Looks like WPML isnt able to handle many categories.
I installed a fresh instance of woocommerce and WPML and tried to import ONLY the english categories with WP ALL IMPORT. This worked!
Then i started to translate all categories in Woocommerce Multilangual with copying.
After finishing like 3-4 pages the desaster started again.
The categories translations reversed automatically or translation stopped (no pencils anymore)

September 17, 2018 at 9:23 am #2740357

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I can see that you are using the Flatsome theme. Unfortunately, this theme is not compatbile with WPML although we have been reaching out to them for years.

If you try temporarily changing the theme to Twenty Seventeen (or any other standard WordPress theme) and also temporarily deactivate any nonWPML plugins. Do you still encounter the same issues with taxonomy translation?

And, just to confirm, for WPML All Import to work with WPML, you need to first create all taxonomies and hierarchies with translations before trying to import translated categories (which I believe is what you are attempting to do)

Thanks for letting me know if changing the theme has any impact.

The topic ‘[Closed] Translation of product categories not workig or reverse without doing anything’ is closed to new replies.