Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 9.72 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The user was having issues with a composite product showing some child products that are out of stock. Solution: This is an issue with the Composite Products plugin, the issue is present on primary language even if WPML is deactivated.

This topic contains 26 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by tobiasL-11 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
July 29, 2019 at 11:19 am #4299017

tobiasL-11

Hello,
When refunding an order and giving back the gefunded products to th stock, I noticed that they are beeing added double.
I already contacted woocommerce who forwarded me to somewhere warm and they forwarded me to you.
I will try to just copy their explantion:
"By default, Composite Products creates a query to your database to retrieve all the products that you have added as component options. This query can take some arguments to filter the results and exclude some products. The snippet Maria previously sent you adds an argument that tells the query to exclude products that are out of stock. The query determines if a product is in or out of stock by taking a look at a field in the database called 'product visibility taxonomy' -- if this field reads 'outofstock' then this means that the product is out of stock.

In your website, we noticed that you are using WPML to translate products into multiple languages. It turns out that WPML not only translate product themselves but their taxonomies as well. In this case, the product visibility taxonomy for the out of stock products read 'outofstock-en' and 'outofstock-de' depending on the language:hidden link. Therefore, the query did not think that these products are out of stock and so it returned them as valid options.

As much as we'd love to assist you further with this, it is not something we can fix on our side. The best way to proceed with this is to contact the WPML developers and bring this to their attention -- feel free to share our technical explanation with them. In general, keep in mind that it is not considered good practice to change/translate product taxonomies in the database as WooCommerce core functions will not work as expected.

In case the WPML developers have any questions, please let us know!"

July 29, 2019 at 12:08 pm #4299467

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

I totally agree with WooCommerce support reply, the WooCommerce visibility taxonomy must not be translated, you can check that in our configuration file, the taxonomy translation mode is set to "0" which means, do not translate.

I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking. Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

hidden link

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Best regards,
Jamal

July 29, 2019 at 12:55 pm #4299885

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

According to WPML->Settings the taxonomy is not translatable, see the attached image.

I wanted to know the plugins compatibility issue to check for any known issues. The plugin has indeed some known issues, but according to our internal issues tracker, we don't know any issues related to this particular use case(refunding orders).
https://wpml.org/plugin/woocommerce-composite-products-2/

I would like to involve our developers into this thread, but I'll need to reproduce this issue in one of our servers. So, I created a new install, you can log in to by following this URL: hidden link

Please, configure WPML and WooCommerce similarly to your website, upload Composite Products extension, make one of the existing product as "composite product" and try to reproduce the issue. If reproduced, I'll escalate it to our developers for further analysis and hopefully a fix/workaround.
If not reproduced, there is probably an inconsistency in the data on your website or server setup. We will push investigations that way.

In the meantime, you can run the sync stock action in WooCommerce->WooCommerce Multilingual->Status->Troubleshooting(link in the bottom of the table). And check if the issue is resolved for the affected product.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Jamal

July 30, 2019 at 9:02 am #4305959

tobiasL-11

Hello Jamal,

I got the following reply from the Somewhere Warm support:

"Firstly, could you please double-check that the taxonomy 'product-visibility' is not translatable under WPML > Settings as suggested by the WPML support team?

If it is not, then the best way to reproduce this issue on the WPML test site is by importing the database from your staging site. To export your database from your staging site, you can use the WP Migrate Db plugin we have already installed there by navigating to Tools > Migrate DB: hidden link.

If you need help with importing the generated SQL file to the WPML test site, then we recommend contacting the WPML support team to guide you through this process. "

I am no programmer so I definitely need help 🙂

July 31, 2019 at 2:28 pm #4315309

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Sure, we'll do our best to help you. You won't need to be a developer to reproduce the issue.

Actually, we don't need to import your database, we rather need to reproduce the issue in a clean install with newly created data, that's the one with the URL hidden link

1. Configure WPML similarly to your website, make German your primary language and English as secondary. See the blue button in the admin area.
2. Configure WooCommerce multilingual. After configuring WPML, you will be asked to configure WooCommerce Multilingual.
3. Upload the Composite Products plugin.
4. Use the existing products to create a composite product, make sure every product has a stock quantity, let's say (1 or 2).

Then just make an order, then complete it, then refund it to see if the error will be reproduced.

If this is reproducible, It means that Composite Products, WooCommerce, and WPML have a conflict, and I will immediately escalate it to our developers for a fix.

Let me know what do you think.

Best regards,
Jamal

August 6, 2019 at 1:43 pm #4347983

tobiasL-11

I did what you said.
The composite product has a category as first part (hoody with logo has stock 2 for testing) and a product as second component. Unfortuantely I can't place an order: "This product cannot be purchased at the moment."

August 6, 2019 at 3:28 pm #4349193

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

There seems to be a configuration issue with the composite product. I am not familiar with the Composite Product plugin. Otherwise, I would have helped
Please try with products similar to your website and check if the issue will be produced. I know this may be too much work, but once reproduced I'll escalate it directly to our developers.
This is too important as we will know exactly what are the steps to follow to reproduce the issue.

Thank you for your collaboration.

Best regards,
Jamal

August 7, 2019 at 7:53 am #4352565

tobiasL-11

Hello Jamal,
i tried this but as I said I am not an expert with this.
Is it possible to connect you to the adminds of the plugin? They offered thaeir help to find a solution. Here is their e-mail address: woocommercesupport@somewherewarm.gr.
You can also put me in the conversation: info@tapemuzik.de.

Thank you
Franziska

August 7, 2019 at 1:39 pm #4355553

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

I understand, and it is fine. We do indeed contact plugin authors for help on compatibility issues. This is done by the compatibility team. But I won't be able to escalate this ticket to the compatibility team without being able to reproduce it in a clean install.

I will instead approach our 2nd Tier team and asks about this situation, they will probably need a Duplicator package of your website to investigate the issue in their environments.

I'll get back to you very soon.

Best regards,
Jamal

August 7, 2019 at 1:42 pm #4355571

tobiasL-11

Thank you Jamal.
If I can help you with any information let me know until Friday noon, because I will be on holiday for a week now and I would love to give you everything you need to you can work on this during the next week.

Cheers
Franziska

August 7, 2019 at 3:23 pm #4356481

Jamal
Supporter

Hello Franziska,

I would need to take a Duplicator copy of your website. Please allow me to do so and I'll create it using filters that would reduce the size of the package.

Best regards,
Jamal

August 8, 2019 at 9:03 am #4361341

tobiasL-11

Yes, please go ahead.

August 8, 2019 at 12:04 pm #4362567

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

I did take a snapshot. Please just help me to reproduce the issue on my end.
Can you tell which order/refund number and products where did you notice this issue? I'll try to reproduce it again on my end before escalating it to our 2nd tier team.

Thank you,
Jamal

August 8, 2019 at 12:11 pm #4362711

tobiasL-11

here is one: Order #116322
hidden link

August 15, 2019 at 4:11 pm #4402315

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

The ticket is now escalated to our compatibility team. I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Jamal