Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 6.18 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 22 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
December 13, 2018 at 11:40 am #2997387

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+02:00)

Hi.

You ask: "How can we get the actual content back there?"
I'm not sure that this is possible. I think that you cannot avoid re-translating the page. I'm consulting our second tier supporters about it and get back to you.

Thanks,
Itamar.

December 13, 2018 at 4:28 pm #2998672

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

Our second tier supporter writes this in response:

It is not possible to get the translation from the translated post to the ATE or the classic translation editor – this is not how it works. To get them back, the user should re-translate – e.g., fill the values of the translation manually to the appropriate fields in the classic translation editor or ATE.

I hope that this clarifies the issue.

Regards,
Itamar.

December 14, 2018 at 3:35 pm #3002346

yannickS-3

I tried this. Now getting the next error. See screenshot The browser title says 'You are not allowed to edit this item'. But we are admins, so of course we are.

It's about to get really annoying! 12 days and not even a single piece of progress.

Not sure why WPML is proud of their level of support.
I know you by yourself try you best, but this is the worst experience I EVER had. If I would support our customers support like WPML does here I could close the company next week.

December 17, 2018 at 5:04 pm #3009602

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I'm sorry for the misfortunate chain of events that happened to you with this issue.
Of course, that will keep investigating what is happening on your site.

Currently, I can see at least one other user that reported this error as well. You can see it here.
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/after-updating-original-language-how-to-transfer-update-to-translations/#post-3008434
I'm in touch with our second tier supporters and reported them about this error message.
I've tried to see it on your site, but I couldn't log in because the credentials seem to have changed. Also, the copy of your site is not accessible anymore. It seems that most of its WordPress installation and DB has been deleted.

Please let me ask a few questions and get the access to your site again.
1. What hosting service are you using?
I'm asking this because we suspect some caching issue with one of the well known hosting services.
2. Have you deleted the old Chinese translation and now trying to translate it from the beginning?
3. Are you getting this error message when you are using the Classic Translation Editor or the Advanced Translation Editor, or in both cases?
4. Please let me know how I can see the issue on your site.

If you need further help with this, please share the access details to your site with me.
I'm enabling private message for the next reply.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- - Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access. --

Thanks,
Itamar.

December 18, 2018 at 5:58 am #3011087

yannickS-3

1. We use an own dedicated server. There is no caching issues and it makes totally no sense to blame it on a caching issue.

2. No. I am sick of doing your job. It's your responsibility to find out why a simple workflow can crash your software. I won't spend hours to debug your software.

3. See #2

4. I decided to leave you alone with your buggy software and moved to Polylang plugin instead.

It just did cost me 3 hours of work to migrate to Polylang and now (without WMPL) our website is running very fine and don't hold my team back (for weeks) to progress with the translations.

ATE is horrible and the concept seems to be beta or absolutely broken – it's a shame.

Anyways I thank you for your effort and that you tried to help!

But I also kindly ask you to let your head of support know that this quality of support isn't acceptable for a serious business. Who can wait weeks to get a serious issue fixed? I could understand that kind of support for a free software, but we paid for it, so we expect a professional handling in case we need support.

Cheers.

December 18, 2018 at 9:13 am #3011392

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I'm sorry to hear that, and I'm bringing this to the attention of the head of our support team.

Best Regards,
Itamar.

December 18, 2018 at 11:22 pm #3014058

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

In addition to the above and by investigating a similar issue that you had with the following message, we have found that the translation does get to the front-end although the message is shown.

A post ID mismatch has been detected

If it is still relevant for you, then please check it.
This last issue is escalated to our second tier supporters.

P.S. I'm still waiting for my superiors reply on your last reply.

Thanks,
Itamar.

December 20, 2018 at 1:29 pm #3020910

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Yannick.

I've let Amit the head of support know about this issue and your discontent from our support. Again, I can only be sorry for all of that, but except retrieving the site from a previous backup (if you have one) before the problem had happened, we cannot do anything to recover the translation into the Translation Editor.

I'm setting this ticket as escalated to developers for the 'post ID mismatch' issue. This issue is fixed with our next version, and I'll let you know here when it is out.

Best Regards,
Itamar.

December 23, 2018 at 10:25 am #3028495

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Yannick.

The problem with the message 'A variable mismatch has been detected' is already fixed with the Translation Management version 2.7.2

Please update and to WPML and add-ons latest version and if the problem persists, please let us know.

Thanks,
Itamar.