This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Translation priority appears in breadcrumbs of some pages and other pages it doesn't. I don't want it to appear at all. I am using Topdeal theme from themeforest on wordpress. Solution: If you have an arabic slug on the shop page (Arabic slugs apparently are not supported by Yoast SEO) you get a conflict, Change it into english and you are back to normal.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by aliA-49 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
May 22, 2019 at 11:29 am #3864739

aliA-49

Translation priority appears in breadcrumbs of some pages and other pages it doesn't. I don't want it to appear at all. I am using Topdeal theme from themeforest on wordpress.

May 22, 2019 at 12:50 pm #3865681

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Ali,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

Our plugins are not making any changes on this side. If things are back to normal when you deactivate the WPM plugins, could you give me access to the dashboard area so I can have a closer look at this, please? I set the next message to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

May 23, 2019 at 1:08 am #3870073

aliA-49

Ok so digging more into the problem, there is a conflict in the wordpress shop page. It's either the english (original language) appears correctly and the arabic translated page is not functioning porpperly or vice versa. Something is really wrong. I have added dummy data for the arabic verison and still nothing is showing up on the arabic shop page.
I tried the following :
1. I just translate the shop page from english to arabic... i get the same result (arabic not working)
2. I translate the shop page from english to arabic and then assign the english shop (the name is "All Offers" ) in woocommerce settings as the shop page. And then assign also in woocommerce arabic version the shop page (جميع العروض) to the shop page....and i get the same result (either the english or the arabic shop working properly but not both)
3. I tried only assigning the arabic page in woocommerce and not the english ...again same result. (arabic shop only working)

May 23, 2019 at 9:08 am #3872803

Radu
Supporter

Hey Ali,

Can you make sure that you installed the latest version of the WooCommerce Multilingual plugin, please? You can find it right here https://wpml.org/account/downloads/. This is a plugin that's meant to connect WPML and WooCommerce and make them work together. Just give this a try and tell me how it works.

Thanks,
Radu

May 23, 2019 at 1:17 pm #3875605

aliA-49

woocommerce multilingual plugin is already active. I've attached 2 pictures of how it is displaying in arabic and how it is displaying in english.
Please note that in arabic I have only 1 translated product and it is published and marked as arabic in the language but it is not appearing add to that the shop formatting in arabic is wrong and is showing a wrong breadcrumb that is the translation priority.

May 24, 2019 at 9:16 am #3882821

Radu
Supporter

Hey Ali,

Is there any chance that you could give me access to the dashboard area so I can have a closer look at this element and see what's going on, please? I already set the next reply to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

May 24, 2019 at 5:20 pm #3886713

aliA-49

Ok so i see you have registered in the website 😀 , I elevated you to an administrator.
The shop in english is hidden link
in arabic is hidden link

BTW I have tested something new and it worked out well :
1. I disabled Woocommerce Multilingual plugin and for my surprise the shop worked seamlessly in english and arabic with nothing wrong and the breadcrumbs are on point with not faults.
2. I re-enabled Woocommerce Multilingual plugin and the problem came back again.

I kept the plugin activated for you to inspect

May 25, 2019 at 10:38 am #3889297

aliA-49

FYI, I've changed the Arabic SLUG for the arabic shop page into English and everything went back to normal and 100% working.
So apparently if you have an arabic slug on the shop page (Arabic slugs apparently are not supported by Yoast SEO - i just got this info today) you get a conflict, Change it into english and voila you are back to normal.

My Issue is resolved.

May 25, 2019 at 10:51 am #3889315

aliA-49

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!