Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is using the WPResidence theme, which is translated into Portuguese, and now they want to translate it back into English. They are encountering issues where English translated properties are showing up in the Portuguese list and custom PHP values are not being transmitted correctly. They are unable to find the strings for 'area' and 'quartos' in WPML, and there are issues with custom links, search buttons, and taxonomy terms appearing in the wrong language.

Solution:
1. To change the string language, select the string and change the language of the string using the option in WPML's String Translation interface.
2. To translate theme options, search for the strings in the WPML String Translation page and add them to the string translations. Once added, they can be translated into another language.
3. Update and re-translate the page to English in WPML, ensuring that the values are copied over correctly.

If this solution doesn't look relevant, please open a new support ticket.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 34 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kor 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
October 24, 2023 at 4:04 pm #14649503

thomasL-104

using the wpresidence theme. its translated in portugues, now I want to translate it in english..problem, just the main site is packed with things I cant solve

conflict also, I use an english theme, translated in portugues and translate it back now to english

FireShot Capture 001 - Guia Lançamentos - The best real estate developments in one place_ - developmentsbrazil.com.jpg
October 25, 2023 at 2:33 pm #14662311

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting WPML support.

I can see the issue from your screenshot. I will need to closely examine your website. Therefore, I will require temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to a test site where the problem has been replicated, if possible. This will enable me to provide better assistance and determine if any configurations need to be modified.

Please note that it is important to have a backup for security purposes and to prevent any potential data loss. You can use the UpdraftPlus plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/) to fulfill your backup requirements.

Your upcoming reply will be treated with confidentiality and will only be visible to you and me.

✙ To resolve the issue, I may need your consent to deactivate and reactivate plugins and the theme, as well as make configuration changes on the site if necessary. This emphasizes the significance of having a backup.

October 25, 2023 at 2:44 pm #14662431

thomasL-104
October 25, 2023 at 2:47 pm #14662435

thomasL-104

Hi..I wrote first and opened than the form filler just as I send, please send again

October 25, 2023 at 3:00 pm #14662583

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

Ok, I've reopened the private reply option.

October 25, 2023 at 4:56 pm #14663543

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

When editing the English Language homepage here using Elementor hidden link . I can see that the "neighbourhood" filter is not correctly selected as shown in the attached screenshot.

Could you check and adjust accordingly?

Screenshot_181.png
October 25, 2023 at 11:41 pm #14665289

thomasL-104

with me it dont even opens elementor, I have to turn on the safe_mod, after showing then, elementor dont shows me that grid to adjust, just shows the headlines, thats it

FireShot Capture 008 - Edit _Developments Brazil_ with Elementor - guialancamentos.com.br.png
October 26, 2023 at 6:49 am #14666699

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

Could you try opening the site using incognito browser mode? Then, use the access that you've created for me.

October 26, 2023 at 11:52 pm #14674627

thomasL-104

It´s not working, not opening, I was using Firefox Icognito

October 27, 2023 at 8:48 am #14676491

Kor
Supporter

Thank you for your response.

Are you currently working on the development site or the production site?

I've noticed that it functions correctly here: hidden link , but encounters issues on this page: hidden link .

I suspect there might be a conflict with another plugin that is preventing the Elementor Editor from loading. You may want to consider deactivating third-party plugins one by one to identify which one is causing the problem you experienced. Remember to create a backup before making any changes.

October 27, 2023 at 1:19 pm #14679507

thomasL-104

Hi,
I am not working on it at the moment, it´s a production site, I thought also now to swap it to development, as its to important for me.
Before I went in contact I tried already the deactivating of plugins..the result:
if I deactivate the plugin WPML Multilingual CMS its starting normal..haha

October 27, 2023 at 2:36 pm #14680577

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

Could you backup and update elementor plugin on your production site? hidden link . If the issue persists, I need your permission to deactivate plugins on your production site.

October 27, 2023 at 5:02 pm #14681531

thomasL-104

Hello, I made a clone with updraft on another adress:
hidden link

same credentials

so I can let run the main site. please feel free to mix up

October 30, 2023 at 6:48 am #14688343

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your patience.

Looks like there are some issues with the "Language URL Format" option as shown in the attached screenshot.

I configured it back to the default and it worked. Could you check the settings on your production site?

Screenshot 2023-10-30 at 2.46.27 PM.jpg
October 30, 2023 at 3:08 pm #14693065

thomasL-104

Hello, no, I am not working with directories, I am working with different domain per language. On production site I had to backup from before translating, because even I set hide english, it showed the uncompleted sites in the search

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.