This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
June 18, 2019 at 9:35 pm #4046651

nicholasV

Hello,

We have one post that is copied over from other post and when we're trying to translate it into other language, translation page would pull both the content from the duplicated post and the new content that is updated in the current post.
I've tried clearing cache and deleting the translation completely and starting fresh, but it will still bring up the wrong content.

Can I please have some help on this issue?

June 19, 2019 at 9:25 am #4050043

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

Please make sure in the language widget(on the right side of the post edit screen) of the translated post is showing as the translation of the original like this image - hidden link

This may be happening because of the older version of WPML. Please upgrade to the latest version of the plugin(4.2.7.1) after a full site backup and check the issue is existing or not.

If the issue exists, please check you can reproduce it with a new post or not.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 20, 2019 at 2:17 pm #4060603

nicholasV

Thank you. I will install 4.2.7.1 and report back.

June 21, 2019 at 6:22 am #4064847

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Take your time. Please upgrade to the latest version after a backup and let me know your feedback. We will wait for your response.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] Translation pulling content from duplicated post’ is closed to new replies.