Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.42 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 34 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
April 15, 2019 at 6:54 am #3610147
Mr. Ghost

1) My messages was corresponding with yours here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translation-service-and-settings-blank-screen/page/3/#post-3556289

2) I have perfromance issues with the full plugin WPML. It's bloating performance, and adds function I don't want.

3) Not what I asked for, when you refer to classic editor it's still your 2 column framework translation service. I want core wp editor, and never see wpml translation framework. How do I disable? This might work for bloggers but not for us, since it's not pure content to content translations. And might require more acf blocks. I do not want to use wpml translation framework.

4) No I have this ticket I will not create new tickets. you guys refused refund so I will not start creating a bunch of tickets no.

5) No we only use wpml for one site.

6) Read the change log of your ACF helper plugin please. We will use options pages and those has to be multilingual, not translate the cms backend with string translation but to manage options page as a normal page translations as in. If I'm on the Spanish version it should give the Spanish value and not the English value. I asking since this video: hidden link

Options page has to be translated as a regular post/page in the database.

Ok so next wpml update is focusing on performance and this bloating issues? How long is your sprints meaning how often do you release an update that isn't just minor bug fixes?

Anywhere I can see your roadmap?

April 15, 2019 at 10:27 am #3612379

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

I've split some of these into 2 new tickets. We have support rules and I need to enforce these, especially since some of these might require debugging from our 2nd tier and possibly be escalated further.

3) Not what I asked for, when you refer to classic editor it's still your 2 column framework translation service.

It is possible to activate this - see how this can be done for pages e.g. Basically, you switch off "Use WPML's Translation Editor" and use manual translator for either this page or all the pages (or the whole site content).

As for the roadmap and sprints, this is internal company thing and is not meant to be shared publicly. It is up to our development team on how this goes, what what pace and what gets included into each new release.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

April 16, 2019 at 6:06 am #3618333

Mr. Ghost

Yeah there the global feature is many thanks!

I saw you did but don't understand what you want in them. I assume you know how your plugin and /s works so.

April 16, 2019 at 6:37 am #3618487

Mr. Ghost

In general what is the difference:
Make 'x Pages' translatable
Make 'x Pages' appear as translated

The multilingual content settings is synchronised from page to global settings or? Asked before but the global settings is very clunky and poor UI. And the page/post level is only good if a few fields are there. If many it turn down to poor experience.

What should be selected if I just want to make the pages multilingual but not translate the groups. The fields should be translatable meaning the value you put in but not the backend cms and field groups. I've asked before but did not really receive a good answer, where to control this and what settings in WPML that controls this.

Is it global in wpml settings: Custom Fields Translation
or is it Multilingual content setup on the Edit Field Group page?
or is it Multilingual content setup on post/pages?

And once again I still see a lot of ACF fields that WPML still show and want to translate as fields even if I dont have them active or removed and deleted. Once again why do WPML keep them? How do I delete them? Why dont WPML listen to what I do? When I delete a acf field why do wpml insist to keep them?

April 16, 2019 at 8:12 am #3619607

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Can you check this link:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/

I believe that it explains concerns related to and how to set this whether it is used for either pages, posts, groups and any other custom post type:

What should be selected if I just want to make the pages multilingual but not translate the groups.

As for this:

And once again I still see a lot of ACF fields that WPML still show and want to translate as fields even if I dont have them active or removed and deleted.

Can you show and image on which fields are you referring to? Are these stored within String Translation, or? Because if you can see them there, you can also delete these there.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

April 16, 2019 at 5:01 pm #3624189

Mr. Ghost

Can you check this link:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/

I believe that it explains concerns related to and how to set this whether it is used for either pages, posts, groups and any other custom post type:

Correct but old deleted acf groups and fields still pops up on page level. Meaning WPML store deleted data in the database, why and how to delete? Why does not WPML listen to trash hook and delete translation or meta fields when deleted?

Can you show and image on which fields are you referring to? Are these stored within String Translation, or? Because if you can see them there, you can also delete these there.

No they are not string translations or in any acf groups: hidden link

And how do I delete a translation made with your tool: hidden link
Not possible to remove from Translations queue or Translation Management

Also I'm a very experienced wordpress user and if I have such issues manage WPML it might be an indication for your UI/UX team to take one or two steps back and look at it from the side.

And once again please make my ticket and all my threads private. I do not want to share to the public audience. Very annoying I have to ask about this every time. I assume you agree, make all I write private, thanks.

April 16, 2019 at 5:02 pm #3624191

Mr. Ghost

Update looks like I remove translations from translation management and translation jobs.

April 17, 2019 at 6:13 am #3627423

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Why does not WPML listen to trash hook and delete translation or meta fields when deleted?

I guess I can only answer that this is how this works at the moment, and I am in no position (not I could give any meaningful answer) to comment why was some part WPML coded in a way it was.

I encourage you to suggest any feature you think WPML users may benefit from - this includes coding suggestions.
https://wpml.org/suggest-a-new-feature-for-wpml/

And once again please make my ticket and all my threads private.

If you open this thread as non-logged in user, you will see that all the links are hidden, while none of your data is available as well for public. Only supporters and you can only see all of this. I can ask our systems team to delete this thread altogether, however, once we conclude it.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

April 18, 2019 at 8:09 pm #3641773

Mr. Ghost

I guess I can only answer that this is how this works at the moment, and I am in no position (not I could give any meaningful answer) to comment why was some part WPML coded in a way it was.

I encourage you to suggest any feature you think WPML users may benefit from - this includes coding suggestions.
https://wpml.org/suggest-a-new-feature-for-wpml/

I assume you can ask the core development team? And tell me how I can clean it manually at least? When I receive solution to sort it manually and a proper answer from the core development team why this is not deleted form WPML when i delete fields or pages in wordpress.

April 18, 2019 at 8:48 pm #3641837
Mr. Ghost

How come that even if I delete following plugins WPML database rows and tables are still in the database?

String Translation
Translation Management

icl_string_translations

How do I make sure to delete all trace of those two plugins? But only keep the core multilingual plugin?

New threads created by Bruno Kos and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-translation-service-and-settings-blank-screen/

April 19, 2019 at 7:57 am #3643959

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

> And once again I still see a lot of ACF fields that WPML still show and want to translate as fields even if I dont have them active or removed and deleted. Once again why do WPML keep them? How do I delete them? Why dont WPML listen to what I do? When I delete a acf field why do wpml insist to keep them?

Hello, Konrad here, the dev of ACFML plugin.

When you delete ACF field, in fact you are not deleting the field. It may sounds weird, but let me explain.

WordPress has a built in feature called custom fields, see https://codex.wordpress.org/Custom_Fields

If the field is created, WPML adds the interface to set the field to be Translatable/Copy/etc. It doesn't matter if you have ACF plugin or not: the custom fields are built in feature in WordPress and fields are kept in wp site's database.

Then comes ACF to the stage. ACF is the only visual interface for WordPress custom fields. When you create the ACF field, in fact ACF is registering in wp site's database custom field for you. Then WPML is checking what fields are in the database and displays this Translate/Copy/etc interface.

The thing is: when you delete the field using ACF interface, ACF is not cleaning it from the database. It is still there (you can check for example with phpMyAdmin). ACF probably does it for your convenience in case you change your mind and want to see the field again.

When we check field in database, we can't distinguish which of them are "deleted" from ACF point of view, and which of them are still visible in ACF. All of them looks the same.

I think it is more the request to ACF authors from your side to add possibility to "delete custom fields for real" on only hide the interface to edit them (this is what ACF does when you click "delete" on custom field)

April 19, 2019 at 8:13 am #3643983

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

In light of Konrads' explanation related to your question, is there anything else I can assist with?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

April 21, 2019 at 1:54 pm #3652601

Mr. Ghost

Hi @konrad

Many thanks for finally speak directly with one of the developers. That sounds strange since this does never appear if I install a multilingual website same setup but use polylang instead of WPML. Or purely use ACF PRO, they do not store them why would they? If I clear them from trash they are gone, same as post/pages. If they would be able to restore sure but it's not possible when the trash is emptied.

The only common thing and bottleneck I can see is WPML keep them for some reason.

I want to keep the application clean and nto bloating the database I hope you understand why.

But I've forward it to ACF and Elliot to see with him.

@bruno, yes this is still not answered:
hidden link

April 23, 2019 at 8:39 am #3660797

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hello

I am sorry for the late reply, but I am back at work after Easters

I just did the test to make sure. I created a new post with field "related" from ACF and checked the database and I saw the field. Then I removed the field from the field group and checked the database again. The field is still there.

So like I said, WPML is not checking what created the field but if it is in DB. And it is there, WPML sees it and adds to the Translation Preferences table.

April 23, 2019 at 8:55 am #3660965

Bruno Kos
Supporter

(changing Ticket status for internal purposes - please ignore)