This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
April 24, 2019 at 11:29 am

tarasL

When I try to translate tags, this happens with an error.
In the section "translation of systematics" I added a translation, but immediately after this this tag is marked untranslated, although the tag is really created

April 24, 2019 at 2:45 pm #3674321

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. I would be very happy to help you but I didn't fully understand what is the issue.

What exact steps should I take to see the problem you are reporting? Can you please elaborate a little more so I can better understand? Sometimes screenshots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit so if you like make use of "upload an image" below the comment area.

Thank you.

April 24, 2019 at 3:21 pm #3674563

tarasL

I recorded a video hidden link

April 26, 2019 at 1:33 am #3686517

Bruno
Supporter

Thank you. I saw the problem you're reporting. I have tested a few steps on your site and maybe this problem is happening because it may have some incorrect translation. One of the issues is that it is not possible to use two tags with the same slug, unless you manually translate them into Posts > Tags.

Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

Thank you.

April 26, 2019 at 6:25 am #3688013

tarasL

Previously, your colleagues made a copy of my site, just a few days. Want to make another copy. As you wish

April 26, 2019 at 6:00 pm #3692751

Bruno
Supporter

Thank you. This is a small bug that is causing in WPML and it will be fixed in a future release.

As a workaround, I've added this line inside the wp-config.php file:

define( 'WPML_TAXONOMY_TRANSLATION_MAX_TERMS_RESULTS_SET', 10000 );

This bug only happens when there are many taxonomies (+1000). Our developers are already aware of this problem and this will be fixed in a future release.

Please, could you verify that following these steps, the problem persists?

Thank you.

April 26, 2019 at 6:12 pm #3692791

tarasL

still not working correctly. In that case, I'll wait for the update. hidden link

April 26, 2019 at 7:37 pm #3693071

Bruno
Supporter

When I access your site I see that the string is up to date (hidden link). Are you trying this on the same site you added the link above?

If you're testing on another site and the site has more than 10,000 taxonomies, you'll need to increment the number I've posted before. For example:

define( 'WPML_TAXONOMY_TRANSLATION_MAX_TERMS_RESULTS_SET', 20000 );

If it still is not working, be sure to clear your browser cookies and try again.

April 26, 2019 at 7:51 pm #3693131

tarasL

I cleared the cache. I worked with this site. The situation as I showed on the video is repeated. Try to reproduce the problem, as I did on the video.

April 26, 2019 at 11:30 pm #3693553

Bruno
Supporter

The problem is happening because of the "today" plugin, which is calling the hook "created_post_tag", using as second parameter a function that does not exist:

add_action('created_post_tag', 'save_extra_taxonomy_fields', 10, 2);

This is causing the error

Warning</b>: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'save_extra_taxonomy_fields' not found or invalid function name in /var/www/sitename/data/www/sitename.com/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 286

Plugin: wp-content/plugins/toptoday.php at line 122.

This is not a problem with WPML. This is a problem with the custom coding you are using that does not work correctly. You can remove this line, comment this line out, create the "save_extra_taxonomy_fields" function as desired, or simply not run that code inside the WPML pages. For example;

// add_action('created_post_tag', 'save_extra_taxonomy_fields', 10, 2);

Please see if it works by following the steps above.

April 27, 2019 at 7:04 am #3694757

tarasL

thank. Fix it. Remove from your answer, please, the name of our site

April 27, 2019 at 7:21 am #3694763

tarasL

we fixed a bug in this plugin. But, as before when I edited the label, the pencil does not appear. I can't see what I edited, what not.
check again

April 29, 2019 at 2:51 pm #3704649

Bruno
Supporter

Glad to hear that it now works. As requested, I renamed your site name in the message above.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

April 29, 2019 at 2:55 pm #3704665

tarasL

I did not say that it works. The problem, which is depicted on the video - preserved

April 29, 2019 at 3:02 pm #3704779

Bruno
Supporter

As I explained above, the problem is related to your custom plugin. I even indicated how to fix the issue.

As it is not directly related to WPML, I can not edit a code that is not part of WPML. You must follow the above steps and fix this.

You can edit the code as I posted above, or disable your custom plugin "today". This is not related to WPML. The "today" plugin is simply using a hook that tries to call a function that does not exist and so the problem. Then you should fix it manually.

The topic ‘[Closed] translation tags error’ is closed to new replies.