This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
September 6, 2019 at 3:29 pm #4526255

sabinaP-2

Good afternoon,

We may need your help with translating our template that supports WMLP into Slovak language. I've bought Basic WMLP version , but cannot get oriented, where the translations of template can be found. Do we need Also WMLP Translation management? Please, let me know as soon as possible.

I went through whole your WMPL plugin setup docs, its very chaotic, so please try to just naviagte me in wordpress.

Thank you.

September 8, 2019 at 7:00 pm #4532407

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Sabina,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

I just had a look at the info that you attached to this ticket and I could see that you have three languages on your website: English, Deutsch, and Slovak. Now, can you give me a few more details about what do you mean by translating a template, please? Do you want to translate the strings from the theme maybe? I just need a few more details so I can make sure that I point you to the right solution.

Thanks,
Radu

September 9, 2019 at 3:04 pm #4538265

sabinaP-2

Hello, Radu,

thanks for answering so quickly.

Yes,I want to translate string from theme only to Slovak language. Means that frontend of the template that user sees should be in Slovak language. Template is in PHP and english string are hardcoded in code.

Please let me know how to proceed, thank you!

Sabina

September 11, 2019 at 12:38 pm #4553485

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Sabina,

As I understand from your message, you bought the Multilingual Blog package. In this case, the String Translation plugin, the one that will help you translate the strings from the theme, won't be included (you can see this mentioned right here https://wpml.org/purchase/).

However, there's still a way to translate the strings from your theme. You can use the PoEdit software (hidden link) to create the Slovak translation, generate the PO/MO files, and upload them to your website. This way, when you'll check the Slovak version of your website, the strings will be translated. Here's a tutorial I found that should help you with this hidden link.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] translation theme into slovak language’ is closed to new replies.